GSP v Nick Diaz - primetime:

cigano

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Enjoyed watching this again.

Those were the days, Sherbros. Those were the days. How we thought they'd never end.

Wished they still did these. Loved watching these. Really set the mood for the big fights.

It's too bad Nick talked all that shit about Georges being scared of him then proceeded to get tooled by GSP for a solid 24.5 minutes of the fight.

I realized my interest in mma took a hit when gsp left. Hes the only fighter that gets me excited to see fight, to the point where im bouncing off the walls shadowboxing during his walk in. Mma isnt the same without a gsp fight scheduled.

I realized my interest in mma took a hit when gsp left. Hes the only fighter that gets me excited to see fight, to the point where im bouncing off the walls shadowboxing during his walk in. Mma isnt the same without a gsp fight scheduled.

And quite rare to see GSP so worked up

"Nick Diaz deserves a beatdown"

<Moves>

It's too bad Nick talked all that shit about Georges being scared of him then proceeded to get tooled by GSP for a solid 24.5 minutes of the fight.
nick so overrated

These Primetime shows were nice and well done, too bad they are gone.

This fight is a prime example of GSP being misjudged, saying he just took Nick down the whole fight. The fight was longer on the feet than on the ground and GSP out struck Diaz.

And quite rare to see GSP so worked up

"Nick Diaz deserves a beatdown"

<Moves>
Yeah, this. Nick brought out GSP's dark side, lol.

The conference call for that fight is legendary. Nick calling GSP "pampered" GSP calling Nick an uneducated fool. Nick telling the story about being stuck in traffic when some lady leans out her window and yells "I hope GSP beats your ass!"

Boring fight where GSP easily made it to a 50-45 against an opponent who didn't deserve to be in their, never mind not even earning a title shot

The old primetimes were solid while they lasted, too bad they stopped. Basically the UFC's version of 24/7.

:D

That was super.

GSP actually seems to wind him up a few times too and is laughing at other times, especially when Nick tells the soccer mom story :D and then seems to feel a bit sorry for Diaz by the end of it :D

Yeah, this. Nick brought out GSP's dark side, lol.

The conference call for that fight is legendary. Nick calling GSP "pampered" GSP calling Nick an uneducated fool. Nick telling the story about being stuck in traffic when some lady leans out her window and yells "I hope GSP beats your ass!"

Boring fight where GSP easily made it to a 50-45 against an opponent who didn't deserve to be in their, never mind not even earning a title shot
This thread isn't about Dan Hardy.

The GOAT made it look easy inside the octagon just like he did in almost every one of his fights.

.. Striker vs score card fighter.

Miss these days

Straight up

Wasn’t even the glory years or my personal favourite era but compared to the absolute trash we have now it was awesome

Even little things like the press conferences were better and bigger
WW was so stacked man.. That era where you had GSP Diaz Hendricks Condit Kos Fitch Alves
Dwarfs the jokers of this era
Fucking Usman Till and Colby can’t hold a candle

At one point Georges even leg kicked him! You think that's funny? Think it's fun?? That's why he hates fighting! It's not fun!

Ppl kicking at his legs.... it's not fun!

Gotta love Nick Diaz.

Enjoyed watching this again.

Those were the days, Sherbros. Those were the days. How we thought they'd never end.

3:40

Diaz had no idea how dark it can be in Georges head sometimes.

I don't think Nick even trained for that fight. I mean besides riding his bike and smoking a bunch of weed. Considering that, he didn't do too bad.

Back