WWE-like UFC fans

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They say they want to see best fighters, real fights, but they are so eager NOT to see Costa - Adesanya.

"Oh, no, you will kill one contender"

If you really want to see the best vs the best, stop with this attitude.

The best fights the best . This is why the next generation will not produce any GOAT.

giphy.gif

They are the same fans. They just don’t know it

Ill proudly wear my John Cena t shirt until the day i die, MMA is flash in the pan, pro wrestling is forever

I'd like to see proof of fans saying they don't want to see them fight.
Who wouldn't want to see it?

I don't want the UFC to wrap their favorites in cotton wool and spoonfeed them the contents of tomato cans to protect their records. But I don't understand the driving impatience to see the fight you're proposing either. Why not see a few fight results that give the two more experience and the fans a better understanding of their merits, before you bash them together like in a game of conkers?

The statement doesn't make any sense what does killing contenders have to do with WWE?

And if you want to be technical MMA can trace its history back to professional wrestling.

MMA fans that I meet in person seem cool just Sherdog is the cesspit. WWE fans I haven't met since I was 13.

Eh people who call other folks WWE fans are folks who love PRIDE which foundations are pretty much Japanese wrestling.
Not fighting contenders too early has always been a part of prize fighting. They will fight when the money is worth it for both of them.
If anything, the UFC fights their contenders more and losses aren't counted against them.

I don't want the UFC to wrap their favorites in cotton wool and spoonfeed them the contents of tomato cans to protect their records. But I don't understand the driving impatience to see the fight you're proposing either. Why not see a few fight results that give the two more experience and the fans a better understanding of their merits, before you bash them together like in a game of conkers?
Costa and Adesanya are both 4-0 in the UFC. If you think they shouldn't be matched up together, you're a fucking moron. Full stop. The definition of good matchmaking is matching up guys who are similarly situated.

I personally see nothing wrong with Costa/Adesanya match and don't get the mentality of people saying that it will eliminate one of the contenders. I reminds me of the Bader/Jones match. They were clearly the two rising stars of the LHW division with the winner being the #1 contender.

Bader's stock didn't take a huge hit after the loss and he remained in title contention even after he lost some very winnable fights. While he was always on the brink, he would have gotten the title shot if he had stayed in the UFC or beat Rumble.

In the case of Costa/Adesanya, the loser will get a title shot so long as he keeps winning. The cream always rises to the top.

Bork on that USADA diet
looking like shit.

They billed him as 265 at Survivor Series. Got off some of his PEDs to be able to make that HW limit!

He is gonna be baaaad if he comes back.

Costa and Adesanya are both 4-0 in the UFC. If you think they shouldn't be matched up together, you're a fucking moron. Full stop. The definition of good matchmaking is matching up guys who are similarly situated.

I may be a moron but I'm certainly not a WWE fan...I'm not arguing against matching them, I'm just asking why feel such impatience to see it done? Where's the rush?

Thread said "best against best" but isn't it presumptuous to anoint "4-0 in the UFC" fighters as such? And with relatively little information on either, how would we even understand the relevance of one beating the other as a measure of their worth?

Other fights against known quantities first could a) provide more practice for the fighters against already well-understood games with plenty of tape to scout and b) help fans contextualize the fighters against established standards.

Back