Who are the most over rated and under rated fighters in UFC history?

Teddy Brukshot

Top Shotta
Banned
Reaction score
I think Jose Aldo is the most under rated since he got KO'd by Conor and I think BJ Penn is the most over rated because he has a record that is not too different than Artem Lobov's.

Probably Conor is the most underrated, cuz ever since Conor knocked out Aldo, Aldo has been underrated, which made people go "yeah, Conor knocked out Aldo, but Aldo isn't actually great, cuz he got knocked out by Conor, and we all saw what happened to Conor when he faced Khabib".

Khabib is probably the most overrated, cuz his best win is Conor, and Conor isn't that great, cuz his best win is Aldo, and Aldo lost vs Conor.

Probably Conor is the most underrated, cuz ever since Conor knocked out Aldo, Aldo has been underrated, which made people go "yeah, Conor knocked out Aldo, but Aldo isn't actually great, cuz he got knocked out by Conor, and we all saw what happened to Conor when he faced Khabib".

Khabib is probably the most overrated, cuz his best win is Conor, and Conor isn't that great, cuz his best win is Aldo, and Aldo lost vs Conor.
<Dana05>

Overrated: Bisping

Some idiots had put him p4p #7 for some time. In reality skillwise he was never top 10 fighter in his weightclass yet alone p4p rankings

Probably Conor is the most overrated because he was subbed 4 times already - once by a "slack-jawed rat", once by a journeyman LW and twice by complete cans - and people still think he's the best fighter on the planet. :D

Overrated: Bisping

Some idiots had put him p4p #7 for some time. In reality skillwise he was never top 10 fighter in his weightclass yet alone p4p rankings
Rockhold also thought so...
<28>

Oddly enough, McGregor might fit on both lists. To some, he’s the undisputed GOAT, to others, he’s nothing but a can crushing bum who’s a product of UFC favoritism.

Most overrated of all times probably Ronda.

Most underrated I am gonna go with Aldo and Hughes because of how quickly people forgot how insanely dominant they were in their prime.

Brilliant. :D

It's funny, because I think the exact opposite.

Oddly enough, McGregor might fit on both lists. To some, he’s the undisputed GOAT, to others, he’s nothing but a can crushing bum who’s a product of UFC favoritism.

I think this rather goes to show how fast MMA fans change their opinions.

Also, UFC history =/= current roster.

LMAO at OP. BJs record isn't much different from Artem???

<36>

Probably Conor is the most overrated because he was subbed 4 times already - once by a "slack-jawed rat", once by a journeyman LW and twice by complete cans - and people still think he's the best fighter on the planet. :D
Hey man, calling Diaz a can is a bit harsh. Duffy is a solid journeyman, i agree.

Over rated Ronda. Rich Franklin didnt get much credit. He was great fighter.

McGregor and Covington are the most over rated fighters at the moment. Uncle Dana has given them both an easy ride to near the top. Covington hasn't fought Wonderboy, Usman, Till, Ponzinibbio, Perry, Cerrone and more of the real top guys.

MMA math! Solid as a rock!
<4>

And as far as overrated? What about Woodley?

16-12-2
13-15-1
Pretty similar in my opinion.

Do you watch the sport?

So a dude on the regional circuit who is 11-0 is better than anyone in the UFC who has a loss? Don't be so stupid.

Joe Calzaghe is 48-0
Ali is 45-5

Calzaghe is better than Ali

Back