Adesanyas rise has been unprecedented

The Witcher

відродитися
@Silver
Reaction score
Crazy to think Israel made his UFC debut in February.. of 2018! He went from relative unknown to fans pre UFC (only a select few hardcores knew) to being offered a back up for the whittaker vs gastelum fight should one of those beasts fall out.

Thats a general unknown mma fighter to title contender of the talent rich middleweight division in less than 12 months! Hectic!

Israel Adesnaya is an unbelievable fighter and has polarizing charisma to match; remember shergents, characters like this add to the flavour of mma and you can hate all you want. But he brings it every fight and embodies traditional martial arts in a digital world.

Look forward to Adesnaya continuing his meteoric rise and a clash with whittaker would be insane (hoping he gets past gastelum).

072_Israel_Adesanya_vs_Brad_Tavares.0.jpg

Bring on 2019!

He just beat Derek Brunson who is barely top 10 or 15 so calm down

Anderson was relatively unknown in his first fight in the UFC vs. Leben. Won the title in his next fight 4 months later

He just beat Derek Brunson who is barely top 10 or 15 so calm down
Cant i be a fan? Im not the one who offered him as a replacement for whittaker or gastelum so stop being a debbie downer. Clearly others (in the ufc no less) share my sentiment.

I see you are a man of culture as well, TS.

WAR Adesanya !

Anderson was relatively unknown in his first fight in the UFC vs. Leben. Won the title in his next fight 4 months later
No we knew who anderson was pre ufc. Remember when goldie said 'welcome to the octagon, Anderson Silva!'. We all knew.

Yep, it has been a phenomenal year for him. I hoped for great things from him, but hell yeah he not only lived up to these expectations but impressed me very much doing so. Dude's fucking great to watch and is always interesting to hear speaking too.

There are many examples, one of which fairly recent.
1ik7ih.gif

I enjoy how much of a massive nerd he is.

Obviously with a nickname from anime a guy is going to be a nerd, but also you hear the dude in interviews and he breaks down every single element of the game, not just fights but also staredowns, how his opponents walk to the cage, the styles and views of media members and commentators, podcasts and YouTube shows etc.

He analyzes the fuck out of every aspect of the sport.

I see you are a man of culture as well, TS.

WAR Adesanya !
Cant see how people cant be a fan, his striking his next level.

Massively torn on whittaker vs adesanya though. Has that JDS vs Hunt vibe.. dont want to see one lose but if i have to choose.. i cant go against whittaker (JDS)

He's been fighting for a long time, look at his kickboxing Wiki

Cant see how people cant be a fan, his striking his next level.

Massively torn on whittaker vs adesanya though. Has that JDS vs Hunt vibe.. dont want to see one lose but if i have to choose.. i cant go against whittaker (JDS)
I think it's some insecure MMA fans who can't believe a former high lv kickboxer is dominating elite guys (2 top 15 opponents) with such ease that fast. Not everyone in KB is shot like Gokhan Saki :D

Brock Lesnar
February 2, 2008 lost to Mir
August 9, 2008 beat Herring
November 15, 2008 beat Randy for the belt

so Adesanyas rise is certainly not unprecedented, in the same amount of time as he's been in the UFC Brock already had the belt.

I don't like him that much. So much cock. Cock guy.
But a good addition to the MMA scene with his character.

Cant i be a fan? Im not the one who offered him as a replacement for whittaker or gastelum so stop being a debbie downer. Clearly others (in the ufc no less) share my sentiment.
You can be whatever you want calm down

Brock Lesnar
February 2, 2008 lost to Mir
August 9, 2008 beat Herring
November 15, 2008 beat Randy for the belt

so Adesanyas rise is certainly not unprecedented, in the same amount of time as he's been in the UFC Brock already had the belt.
The broader audience knew who brock was this is preposterous. Brock didnt have a 'meteoric rise' he was already a known figure.

Back