We owe Blockbuster video our appreciation.

Wizzlebiz

Wizzlebiz is the Wizziest
@Silver
Reaction score
I know I was introduced to UFC at a blockbuster video.

I assume most old school hardcores are the same. If not introduced you surely went to Blockbuster to gain your fix for violence.

pesposito_180828_2907_0009.jpg

Those were the good old days for sure.

So give a moment of silence for the all powerful blockbuster video. For if not for you many of us would have been deprived of the pure carnage we so badly needed in our lives.

You are not forgotten

I saw the first few on PPV as a kid but worked at a Blockbuster when I was 18 and rented a bunch of the events for free.

However, it was the old Sherdog highlights that got me back into MMA around 03-04.

I know I was introduced to MMA at a blockbuster video.

I assume most old school hardcores are the same. If not introduced you surely went to Blockbuster to gain your fix for violence.

View attachment 474181

So give a moment of silence for the all powerful blockbuster video. For if not for you many of us would have been deprived of the pure carnage we so badly needed in our lives.

You are not forgotten
I used to rent Pride tapes from a mini-market on a neighboring town.
those were the days!!! Wait for days after the event for those VCR tapes to arrive...

Seems like Blockbuster and Ken Shamrock are two big reasons why people became MMA fans.

Nah fuck em some little short fat Mexican manager hired some blonde bimbo over me when I really needed the job when I was younger. Hope they're out of business completely.

Nah fuck em some little short fat Mexican manager hired some blonde bimbo over me when I really needed the job when I was younger. Hope they're out of business completely.
<36>

Worked there in the early 2000's. Some dude returned a nasty Max Hardcore tape by accident once. Tried blaming it on his brother.
<{Heymansnicker}>

Blockbuster was a great chain in its glory days.

True. Only complaint: took my blockbuster forever to get UFC 1. They even ended up with these weird events from other orgs like USA vs Russia with Igor and Varelens.

I know I was introduced to UFC at a blockbuster video.

View attachment 474181

You are not forgotten
BIG FAX. And this is posted in the RIGHT forum.

In the old days, when you wanted to see what you missed after learning this wonderful thing called JUST BLEED existed, was to go to Blockbuster and check out some old fights.

BIG FAX. And this is posted in the RIGHT forum.

In the old days, when you wanted to see what you missed after learning this wonderful thing called JUST BLEED existed, was to go to Blockbuster and check out some old fights.
Damn straight.

On all points.

Was a local place in my hometown called Staton's Video. We randomly picked up a rental of UFC3 one day, and that was that.

We didn't get a Blockbuster until 5 yrs before they closed. Picked them off the dark dusty shelves in mom n pop rental places.

Wonder if Rory ever brought them DVDs back

Back