Rachel Ostovich Assaulted

CptJacuzzi

Blueberry Swisher 3rd Degree
@Blue
Reaction score
11:55 AM PT -- Ostovich has been released from the hospital.

3:45 AM PT -- Honolulu police tell TMZ Sports they have opened a felony domestic violence investigation. So far, we're told no arrests have been made.

UFC fighter Rachael Ostovich -- who was scheduled to fight Paige VanZant in January -- was attacked in Hawaii and sources tell us it was so serious, she's being hospitalized for major injuries.

Multiple sources tell TMZ Sports ... Ostovich was in Honolulu when the incident took place. Our sources tell us she's believed to have suffered a broken orbital bone.

We're told Ostovich's attacker is someone close to her.

If Ostovich did, in fact, suffer a broken bone in her face, it would almost certainly mean her January 19 fight with Paige VanZant at the Barclay's Center in Brooklyn would be off.

upload_2018-11-19_14-23-3.jpeg

We've reached out to Rachael's camp for comment -- so far, no word back.

27-year-old Ostovich is a rising star in the sport -- and the fight with VanZant would undoubtedly be the biggest moment of her career.

It’s over boys... fight of the year has been cancelled

Whoever did this needs to be put to death. Make or female; I don't care the context and make it slow.

Sorry I guess I missed it, pay your respects and leave flowers for the dead fight

I wonder if the person who beat her was a fighter himself...otherwise....

I wonder if the person who beat her was a fighter himself...otherwise....

Her husband is a 7-2 mma fighter, several members of her family also train. But theres no suggestion as to who it was. just "someone close"

Bros get too thirsty in these threads, even if the WMMA fighter has been beaten

Why? I said she didn't deserve it. The report said it was someone close to her, that usually means they wanted revenge. I swear I wasn't trying to be a dick, it's my former job and statistics kicking in.

If it was her husband; guaranteed it's because he's a failing mma fighter and she's getting so famous for being beautiful and taking half naked pics

I love how many people on here are on TMZ all the time

Sheesh

11:55 AM PT -- Ostovich has been released from the hospital.

3:45 AM PT -- Honolulu police tell TMZ Sports they have opened a felony domestic violence investigation. So far, we're told no arrests have been made.

UFC fighter Rachael Ostovich -- who was scheduled to fight Paige VanZant in January -- was attacked in Hawaii and sources tell us it was so serious, she's being hospitalized for major injuries.

Multiple sources tell TMZ Sports ... Ostovich was in Honolulu when the incident took place. Our sources tell us she's believed to have suffered a broken orbital bone.

We're told Ostovich's attacker is someone close to her.

If Ostovich did, in fact, suffer a broken bone in her face, it would almost certainly mean her January 19 fight with Paige VanZant at the Barclay's Center in Brooklyn would be off.

View attachment 474125

We've reached out to Rachael's camp for comment -- so far, no word back.

27-year-old Ostovich is a rising star in the sport -- and the fight with VanZant would undoubtedly be the biggest moment of her career.

It’s over boys... fight of the year has been cancelled

Wow...some fucking "real man" out there who has to beat a woman ...we are so flawed as humans it's unbelievable

Read above post , wasn't trying to be a dick.

We're all a little emotional right now :(

Once I heard broken orbital, I wondered if it really is her husband or someone close that's jealous of her potential modeling or sponsors.

44220442_2238035739798167_5388577246558332443_n.jpg

Why? I said she didn't deserve it. The report said it was someone close to her, that usually means they wanted revenge. I swear I wasn't trying to be a dick, it's my former job and statistics kicking in.
Might have wanted to leave him, date someone else, get a break, not listen to him talk anymore, etc., etc..

I'm sure she did "something" but no reason to believe it's something that warrants physical assault. Any guy who is going to beat a woman is not going to wait for a "good reason" to hospitalize her!

You're either a guy who solves his problems with women by putting them in hospital or you're not. Unless she was physically attacking him there is no "reason" he'd be hospitalizing her!

Think it through!

If you work in domestic violence, you know that abusers will use ANYTHING real or perceived, as justification for an attack. Rather than assuming that she triggered him, it might be better to say "I wonder what this moron used to justify this needless violence?" If it wasn't in self defense, he/they didn't have to hit her.

This one bothers me more than I expected. I've seen two of her fights (the debut one and one she lost recently) and, I gotta be honest, I was watching her fights because she's stunning.
But also, she seems like a real nice person. I can not see any justifiable reason why she deserves this.

Come on, can't you guys not be terrible for one thread? Her manager confirmed she was attacked and significantly hurt, we had to shut down the other thread because of gross comments. Seriously, grow up. We don't want to hand out a dozen cards because you can't seem to show a little respect to another human that was attacked. Fighter bashing is still very much a rule on this forum.

This is not the thread to troll in.

No more knowledgeable than the next guy or girl but putting 2 and 2 together, probably husband who I believe she might have been separated from at the time or maybe even close to/or divorcing about to happen and a reconciliation might have triggered a lot of pent up violence. Totally unnecessary to ever go to this extreme but that is why it is called Domestic Violence and is all too common in all walks of life. They are basically "kids" trying to figure out that YES, life is a huge struggle at more times than they imagined!

Back