Prime Carlos Condit vs Douglas Lima

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Let's say Douglas Lima opts out of the Bellator Welterweight title shot and decides to sign with the UFC in late 2013-early 2014. He's coming off a tournament final win against Ben Saunders. He gets matched up against a prime Carlos Condit, who's coming off a TKO win against Martin Kampmann.

Who wins?

0.gif

VS

tumblr_n9ayghhW9k1ry1rm7o2_400.gif

Savage fight, I don't know who would win but even in 2018 I'd still love to see it.

Carlos' only glaring weakness was a good wrestler grinding 2 rounds out of a 3 rounder. 5 round Condit only loses to Prime GSP, maybe Prime Diaz, a freak accident, or a Demian Maia level submission expert.

Condit all day

very interesting matchup, here

gosh

gonna head out to the yard and ponder

Crazy matchup. Id have to say Lima cause of lately, hes a badass

Current lima is a monster, condit would backpedal the whole fight imo. Probably goes to decision.

Carlos' only glaring weakness was a good wrestler grinding 2 rounds out of a 3 rounder. 5 round Condit only loses to Prime GSP, maybe Prime Diaz, a freak accident, or a Demian Maia level submission expert.

Condit all day

I honestly don't see how anyone could argue Diaz won that fight. I know Condit never hurt him with anything. I know Condit was moving away the entire time. I also know landing a weak ass leg kick is more effective than eating a weak ass leg kick while taunting. So I have to score at least 3 rounds, more likely 4, for Condit. Landing something at all is more effective than landing nothing and plodding around the cage.

Prime Condit? Easily him, he had a killing spree unlike few others.

Man, prime Condit was such a joy to watch.

I have no idea who would win, but I'd be backing my boy the NBK.

Condit all day

I don't think you realize how good Lima is. He has never lost the striking in any fight except for one fight early in his career when he was inexperienced. Lima has made Rory, Koreshkov and Daley look like they don't belong with him on the feet.

Condit all day
^This.

Minus Diaz ever winning as stylistically he really never had a chance.

I honestly don't see how anyone could argue Diaz won that fight. I know Condit never hurt him with anything. I know Condit was moving away the entire time. I also know landing a weak ass leg kick is more effective than eating a weak ass leg kick while taunting. So I have to score at least 3 rounds, more likely 4, for Condit. Landing something at all is more effective than landing nothing and plodding around the cage.
http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/3295/Carlos-Condit-vs-Nick-Diaz

You don't know how it's possible?

Kamijo gave Diaz rounds 2 and 5
Jarman gave Diaz round 3
Peoples gave Diaz round 3

Ergo, Diaz 2, 3, 5

Although Condit got the nod in the Diaz fight I feel like the backlash he received for what we expected that fight to be took his fighting spirit away.

Although Condit got the nod in the Diaz fight I feel like the backlash he received for what we expected that fight to be took his fighting spirit away.

So...you missed his brutal destruction of Alves face followed by his absolutely epic 5 round war with Robbie? Both happened after the Diaz fight. Condit was still very much in kill mode after he fought Nick.

Condit all day
he loses to any version of Woodley who beats any version of anybody right now especially pre usada including Rory.

Back