I think Jones would beat Prime Fedor and heres why

ortizgnp

Juice Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Oblique kicks

BHbp.gif

fingers2.gif

Jones would use oblique kicks to keep Fedor at distance and use his size advantage to pick him apart from the outside and eventually TKO him.
Fedor is tough, one of the toughest ever, but I think Jones beats him rather easily. I think Jones is just too good at controlling the distance, pick his shots and get out of harms way.
And ff you're getting close to Jones he's gonna make sure it hurts.

tumblr_o65e9gk28F1u2ragso2_250.gif
Jon+Jones+Elbows+Rashad+Evans+-+UFC+145.gif

tumblr_masxq1ODHZ1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

Fedor's biggest chance in this fight would be to land a classic Fedor haymaker but I'm not sure even that would work. Example below:

PerkyLongAdmiralbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

I think it would be a long night for Fedor. I don't think he would get knocked out but I can definitely see a doctors stoppage or a TKO. Skill wise Jones is just on another planet.

Thoughts?

Fedor would take his weak ass oblique kicks and snap his knee in half.

It would be easier to tell if Jones did not fight smaller men for 95% of his career and ducked HW.

First good long, reachy fighter he faces (Gus) and he manages to look very human indeed. Hmmmm.

You think?

Come on ortizgnp... It shouldnt even be competitive. Jones is the perfect matchup against short, pudgy heavyweights.

<DCrying>

Last edited:
Sherdog says Jon Jones wins by reach.

Since Jones has longer reach than Fedor, Jones by reach.

Jon Jones would beat Fedor for a lot more reasons than just oblique kids, buddeh.

Fedor would be a similar match up to Jones as Rumble, but with a lot better heart, cardio and a ground game.

It would be easier to tell if Jones did not fight smaller men for 95% of his career and ducked HW.

First good long, reachy fighter he faces (Gus) and he manages to look very human indeed. Hmmmm.

He's never had any trouble making 205. It's his weight class.

Max Holloway is ducking middleweight.

Would Jones even beat DC in PRIDE where DC could juice as well? we'll never know. Put Jones in Pride against HWs that are juicing like him and see if he goes 10 years undefeated lol

Prime Fedor is simply too fast. Fedor would either knock him out with a flurry or judo throw him followed up by vicious GnP.

Fedor turns Bones into dust.

He's never had any trouble making 205. It's his weight class.

Max Holloway is ducking middleweight.

He looks like a giant compared to 90% of his opponents. Towers over them.
Good body for cutting weight, no doubt.

But I think a huge part of his success is the fact that he can cut down to fight people who he out-reaches massively.
At heavyweight, he would face a lot of guys with longer reach, and struggle comparatively. There is a reason he cuts down, the guy is a very very large LHW.

Would Jones even beat DC in PRIDE where DC could juice as well? we'll never know. Put Jones in Pride against HWs that are juicing like him and see if he goes 10 years undefeated lol
This basically nails it.

Fighting juiced against a bunch of guys who never fought @ HW in their prime, HW GOAT does not make.

He looks like a giant compared to 90% of his opponents. Towers over them.
Good body for cutting weight, no doubt.

But I think a huge part of his success is the fact that he can cut down to fight people who he out-reaches massively.
At heavyweight, he would face a lot of guys with longer reach, and struggle comparatively. There is a reason he cuts down, the guy is a very very large LHW.

He's like 220-230 out of competition.

That's not a very very large LHW.

Great points TS, inb4 Fedor fans dismiss your take while labeling you a troll.

I agree with you though as Jon Jones’ ability to cover distance is second to no one in mma, Fedor was explosive yes but he would struggle to get passed Jon Jones’ oblique kicks and would really have a hard time getting inside, Jones’ standing elbows would also be a massive weapon.

Of course whether the fight takes place in PRIDE or the UFC would be a massive factor but I would still favor Jones in both by being the better and more talented fighter.

2018 Chuck Liddell beats both of them in the same night (Prime versions of them)

He's like 220-230 out of competition.

That's not a very very large LHW.

Its up there. Not every LHW cuts 25 pounds.He is not the only one for sure, lots of big cutters like Bader out there. They have a different body type though, now the same chicken legs and huge reach.

Also that is size wise right at a good point to fight at HW. Yet he cuts down...for the obvious reasons.

Back