Have you ever lost a bet to casual friend/fan?

filthynumber1

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Compared to most sherdoggers I'm pretty much a casual now :(. But casuals really know fuck all and losing bets to them sting a bit more. It can happen to anyone at some point.
So, I put money on Cyborg finishing Tonya Evinger in the first round to a filthy casual and lost. For some reason the ultra aggressive Cyborg fought super tentatively in that fight and didnt finish until the 3rd. I lost a modest 50$. Having said that I also won a bunch off casuals on Khabib and when Cain destroyed brock a few years back.
Win some lose some.

Others?

My friend who predicts fights based on how a fighter looks is losing fight bets against me all the time.

Plenty but I've won way more then I lost lol

Khabib conner was very profitable

No I'm undefeated.

Just like

sonnen-belt-2.jpg

Why isn't this in the Mayberries?

Reported.

Lost money on CC/ Gonzaga.
I was especially pissed because I bet against my instincts and initially wanted to go with Gonzaga.

5 of us all lost to one of our casual friends. He was betting on Jones and we bet on Shogun.

That was a rough one lol. He rubbed it in so hard.

<DCrying>

Somewhere around 1978, I bet something like $10 that George Foreman would beat Jimmy Young. Cheap lesson learned. I was temped to put $10,000 on Mayweather to beat Conor because there was no way that Mayweather could lose to Conor. I can't remember, the win might have been worth $1,500. A very easy $1,500. You never know. They could have clashed heads, with the ref missing the headbutt, and Mayweather could have lost on a cut.

I talked up Shogun and made a few bets when he was making his UFC debut. Then Griffin proceeded to strangle the life out of him, it was a rough night lol.

a LOTS of time....

But I'm right 60% of the time, all the time.

I lost money on Conor vs Nate 1 fight but won on him against Eddie and Nate 2.

That was painful for everyone
Bittersweet.
I was a big GG fan and was excited to see the matchup, and was happy he reversed the game like Shad did to Chuck.
But I like all of them so, good and bad

One guy said Rose will never beat Joanna, you have to be pretty dumb to bet on Rose. so I told him lets put 10$ on it, won, and in the rematch same again so 20$ in total.

Carwin Lesnar.

It hurt.

I'm like 16-1 against him but we both talked alot of shit about that one

I have and it was the Lesnar/Carwin. A co-worker who was loyal WWE fan was talking so much shit about Lesnar. I had been going back and forth with him that Carwin would destroy him if they fought. I had to eat it.

Back