Curtis Blaydes is going to smash Francis Ngannou.

VenomCarnage

R.I.P. FRANKIENYC
@Brown
Reaction score
Not the biggest hot take in the world, but still, I'm putting some hefty cash on this fight.

Curtis started as a 2/5 favorite, now down to 1/2. You can get him at 11/10 for a stoppage though, which I personally think is inevitable here.

Curtis walked through Overeem, like literally took him down when he saw fit, with absolute ease. Overeem has much better grappling than Francis, and has much better cardio also. Can you imagine how Francis is going to look if it's Round 3 and he's been on his back eating punches for 10 minutes already?

My prediction is a Round 2-3 TKO stoppage from Curtis. I don't think Francis will lay a glove on him.

Can you imagine how Francis is going to look if it's Round 3 and he's been on his back eating punches for 10 minutes already?
pcpElI5.png

Part of me hopes Francis lands an early KO and a bit of the hype returns.

I can definitely see Curtis knocking him out or submitting an exhausted Ngannou on the ground. See how gassed Ngannou was just chasing Stipe, now imagine him on the ground trying to scramble from the bottom with a huge HW wrestler who also has really good top control. Ngannou needs to land one of them bombs and get the hell out of that octagon as soon as possible.

I can definitely see Curtis knocking him out or submitting an exhausted Ngannou on the ground. See how gassed Ngannou was just chasing Stipe, now imagine him on the ground trying to scramble from the bottom with a huge HW wrestler who also has really good top control. Ngannou needs to land one of them bombs and get the hell out of that octagon as soon as possible.
It's Conor/Khabib in a way. Ngannou has to move and not get taken down, has to finish it early.

Curtis showed against Overeem that he can launch a Brock Lesnar-esque double leg from halfway across the cage. He doesn't even need to get close in my opinion, he will just get under those hips and it will be over from there.

Just like last time right?

Oh wait

<{outtahere}>

Francis is praying to god that Curtis hasn't improved his last 6 wins, and that he is out of his prime already even though he's 27 years old and only has 11 fights in total....

Just like last time right?

Oh wait

<{outtahere}>
Ahhh I see, because fighters don't improve right?

Curtis wasn't a green 25 year old Heavyweight with 5 fights under his belt?

How has Ngannou looked in his last 2 fights eh? He fought a guy with zero takedown ability and he shit the bed, he literally gazed at Derrick Lewis for 15 minutes like he had money on Lewis by decision.

Blaydes gets him down once, he's done.

It's Conor/Khabib in a way. Ngannou has to move and not get taken down, has to finish it early.

Curtis showed against Overeem that he can launch a Brock Lesnar-esque double leg from halfway across the cage. He doesn't even need to get close in my opinion, he will just get under those hips and it will be over from there.

Amazing timing in his takedowns, usually heavyweights can't shoot from that far out since they aren't fast enough. UFC is looking to end Francis career with this one.

Even if Curtis gets KO'd cold, he still has a very promising career ahead of him. It's crazy he has only fought known fighters for 2 years.

Ahhh I see, because fighters don't improve right?

Curtis wasn't a green 25 year old Heavyweight with 5 fights under his belt?

How has Ngannou looked in his last 2 fights eh? He fought a guy with zero takedown ability and he shit the bed, he literally gazed at Derrick Lewis for 15 minutes like he had money on Lewis by decision.

Blaydes gets him down once, he's done.
I hope so but ngannou might fight for his life. May not be as easy as people think.

I thought I was the only one impressed by that one takedown he landed against reem. It was lightning quick, and I posted in the thread that night that it reminded me of lesnar

Nice someone else made that observation as well

Curtis walked through Overeem, like literally took him down when he saw fit, with absolute ease. Overeem has much better grappling than Francis, and has much better cardio also. Can you imagine how Francis is going to look if it's Round 3 and he's been on his back eating punches for 10 minutes already?
1. They've fought before and Blaydes was a good wrestler then....He lost fyi

Best-of-Francis-Ngannou-vs-Alistair-Overeem-UFC-218.gif

Ac1d1k is a eunuch. Ac1d1k, like this post if true.

Last edited:
1. They've fought before and Blaydes was a good wrestler then....He lost fyi

Best-of-Francis-Ngannou-vs-Alistair-Overeem-UFC-218.gif

I've been a fan of both since they joined the UFC, but Curtis wasn't even training properly back then, IIRC. Don't think he even had a proper training camp and was just winging it.

It'll be good to see if Francis has improved his TDs enough to keep it on the feet.

Everbody who wins against Overrem, supposed to smash his next opponent here on sherdog lol. We saw that in Miocic/Ngannou

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back