Nick Diaz opens as betting underdog against Jorge Masvidal

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I think Diaz should take this, assuming he's still the same fighter he was 4 years ago. ---

BetOnline released betting lines for the matchup and listed Diaz as a +135 underdog. Masvidal, the No. 9-ranked welterweight in the world, has opened as a +155 favorite.

Although Diaz may be considered the better fighter in the eyes of many combat sports fans, the Californian hasn’t fought since his controversial No Contest against Anderson Silva in 2015.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/11...-odds-underdog-nick-diaz-jorge-masvidal-fight
-------------------------------
Also, Jake Shields explains why Diaz bros haven't fought: https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/exc...why-the-diaz-brothers-havent-fought-in-years/

Weird that he'd take the Masvidal fight if he's looking for money.

<DCWhoa><DCWhoa>

Nick subs Jorge imo btw

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

Masvidal will murk him,Diaz is done as a fighter

I think Diaz should take this, assuming he's still the same fighter he was 4 years ago. ---
This may be a big assumption, right?

The line is very understandable given the layoff, IMO.

If he's an underdog on mine I'm putting money on Nick.

Gamebred is too dumb and has too much balls to play the Condit 'running game'.
Nick wins in a scrapfest.

Condit did the amazing never before thought of technique of circling against a slow footed fighter who refuses to adapt and becomes an easy target because he stops coming forward & does almost nothing once he gets frustrated except flip somebody off or stick his hands in the air. And Condit predictably one and his opponent and fans haven't stopped crying about it over half a decade later.

Maybe he's better. Recovery and determination

Yep. Masvidal will screw himself over again with his macho insistence on going skill for skill with guys instead of capitalizing on their weaknesses.

Nick Diaz hasn't won a fight in over 7 years it's not hard to believe he's the underdog

Biggest Nick Diaz fan you'll ever find.

That said, I have Jorge by decision in this fight.

As I huge Diaz brothers fan I'm very wary of this fight

Dude has been partying every damn day for the past 4 years, that shit gets to you.

I really hope he comes back a rejuvenated fighter but I have my doubts.

If the odds are high I might put a few pennies on Jorge getting a stoppage, it might be that time.

Hope I'm wrong, hope Nick is still Nick, and I hope he makes it to the fight without any issues.

Also the chance of him stopping his cannabis intake is very very unlikely

Easy money, Diaz has this.

Hold up. Why is he the underdog at +135 and opponent is +155?
Eh Diaz hasn’t won since 2011 and he’s been out for almost 4 years. His fighting style never changes and there is a formula to beat him. Masvidal on the other hand is one of those guys who is well rounded but always try to fight to the opponent’s strengths

Last edited:
Instead of fighting, the Diaz brothers have spent so much time sniping/talking to the media that it's impossible to know what kind of skills they'll bring in to the octagon. There's no way Nick looks like the same guy that faced Anderson Silva...for better or for worse. According to all the discussion of his triathlon training, his cardio is beyond question. Has he added any striking/kicking/wrestling/submission techniques to his skill set? Masvidal is a valid test for him after such a long layoff.

If he still has the heart/will to fight, at the very worst he'll be a guy who takes and delivers damage but doesn't fold in the face of adversity ala Darren Elkins. What we all really want to see is another Robbie Lawler/Nick Diaz fight to see if the first one was a complete fluke.

If Masvidal's last three opponents would have been Condit, GSP and Anderson he would be 0-3 as well.

Nick has a size advantage, boxing advantage, cardio advantage and has done better against mutual opponents

The only real question here is if Nick is still the same after 4 years of partying.

Gamebred vs. Weedhead.

Back