Prime GSP vs Prime Woodley. Who wins?

NekMinnit

The Reapers Era
@Green
Reaction score
Im going with Woodley. The fight will be kept standing as Tyron has arguably the best TDD and he will win by decision or KO.

Woodley has trouble exploding when he does not get an opening, like against Wonderboy or Maia, who are composed, technical fighters. GSP was extremely conservative and technical, on top of being a superlative athlete, and would only throw quick jabs, straights, superman punches, leaving minimal openings for countering with his stand up. Bad night for Woodley.

He is also a lot better with his jitz and a very good wrestler, so if it goes down things would be murky for Woodley, quick.

That said, GSP wins via a comfortable, possibly boring stand up jab-fest.

Last edited:
Good scrap.
I was watching danahars interview with Rogan recently and apparently those 4 years off gsp was continuously training his submission skills, which he didn’t really have while active because he’s so dominant at doubles and gnp, and his boxing is massively better now with roach, gotta left hook and right cross now, and his mt with master Yod tiger in phucket.
Sounds like he’s a more complete fighter now.

I think even now that fight is a better fight now than before.

We won’t see it happen though.
Seeing that interview makes me wonder more about him vs khabib or askren as well.

Last edited:
Woodley struggles fighting orthodox, so GSP.

GSP has well rounded standup and ring generalship. It would cost too much time for Woodley to find an openings.

GSP would stiff arm his hooks and I don't see Woodley winning the pocket exchanges.

You won't outsmart GSP there. Only way Woodley winning the fight is if he surprises GSP with one move.

I think GSP wins by wide decision. 50-45 or 49-46.

Btw, this new guy Ponzinibbio could possibly make Woodley miss his shots big time and counter him on the return.

Last edited:
gsp already fought tougher version in hendricks, the southpaw matchup was awful for him and got the decision

woodley is an easier fight

Prime GSP.

I’d give him a decent shot now

Gsp and it’s not close, whilst also having more finishes.

gsp already fought tougher version in hendricks, the southpaw matchup was awful for him and got the decision

woodley is an easier fight
Actually Hendricks is right legged southpaw. He shoots with his right, but strikes from his left stance. Hendrick's offence is way more complex than Woodley's. Although Woodley has better footwork patterns.

GSP by decision... jabs to keep him at bay just like the Koscheck fight.

Johny, when he fought GSP, was as good or better than Woodley is now. Way better striking. Better combinations, better at mixing it up, better kicks. Damn near just as much power, just slightly less explosive.

Between GSP and Woodley, the wrestling is at BEST (for woodley) a wash, or a dead tie.

So when we compare the striking..............GSP is so much better its stupid. He would jab Woodleys stupid face in for 25 minutes and theres not a damn thing Woodley could do to stop it.

Rory already proved that.

Probably GSP but Woodley have a decent shot to winning, I don't think this will be another 50-45 easy win for GSP, Prime Woodley is a nightmare for anyone

Prime GSP 50-45 by being a better striker.
Today Tyron takes it. GSP post knee surgery is not the same guy.

It wouldn’t even be competitive.

50-45 GSP

Back