Just watched the DWCS Brazil episodes

TITS

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just caught up on the 3 episodes of Dana White's Contender Series Brazil and out of 15 fights, he gave out 10 more contracts. 2 of them were flyweights (?) one of which won a split decision, the other was a guy who was getting the shit beaten out of him until he pulled off a flukey finish late in the 3rd round. A female bantamweight who won a split decision and a female flyweight who went to a decision in another WMMA snoozer. Johnny Walker, who couldn't finish the guy who got KO'd by Gokhan Saki at UFC FN 117. And a bunch of other forgettables.

4 from episode 1, 3 from episode 2, 4 from episode 3. What is the point of all this? They might as well just give them all contracts.

Johnny Walker, who couldn't finish the guy who got KO'd by Gokhan Saki

Well, at least this time he DID finish the guy who KOd Gokhan Saki himself.... ;)
I'd call it a progress

Well, at least this time he DID finish the guy who KOd Gokhan Saki himself.... ;)
I'd call it a progress

He pretty much gassed out. He's got about 7 minutes in him. He won because the other guy gassed worse than him.

He pretty much gassed out. He's got about 7 minutes in him. He won because the other guy gassed worse than him.

Well, cardio is an issue that he definitely needs to work on then.

I always wondered how much time they have to prepare in DWTNCS...no way they have a full camp...or do they?

Well, cardio is an issue that he definitely needs to work on then.

I always wondered how much time they have to prepare in DWTNCS...no way they have a full camp...or do they?

I don't know, but Dana signed 10 more of them from the 3 Brazil episodes.

I just caught up on the 3 episodes of Dana White's Contender Series Brazil and out of 15 fights, he gave out 10 more contracts. 2 of them were flyweights (?) one of which won a split decision, the other was a guy who was getting the shit beaten out of him until he pulled off a flukey finish late in the 3rd round. A female bantamweight who won a split decision and a female flyweight who went to a decision in another WMMA snoozer. Johnny Walker, who couldn't finish the guy who got KO'd by Gokhan Saki at UFC FN 117. And a bunch of other forgettables.

4 from episode 1, 3 from episode 2, 4 from episode 3. What is the point of all this? They might as well just give them all contracts.
A bunch of other forgettables? Wtf.

Firstly, the two flyweights who got signed, Rogerio Bontorin and Raulian Paiva looked great. Hell, they really should have signed all 4 flyweights who fought.

Johnny Walker did look awful.

There were tons of other great performances though. Sarah Frota and Marina Rodriguez stand out.

well at least one of these signs paid off really well in the form of johnny walker

You really expect Dana White to make prudent decisions?

Back