Magny's corner last night

baba2008

Magnus Eisengrim
@Black
Reaction score
Magny's corner men last night seemed to do very little - it was pissing me off watching it, and its still bothering me now, hence this thread. What exactly were they doing? During the break before he got knocked out, he's sitting on the stool. There's no ice on his neck/back to cool him down, and there's sure as hell no ice on his leg that was getting kicked damn near off of his body. What gives? Were they not doing their jobs? Have you seen a corner do a poorer job than that crew last night?

And while I'm venting, although she looked sharp in winning, what the hell is Cynthia mean mugging and stomping around barking "What's up? What's up?" I'll tell you what's up Cynthia - your fricken weight - that's what's up.

So, that's all, and yes I do feel better.

“Jab first. You win when you’re first!”

Bitch I just got my ass beat for 20 minutes straight trying to jab and that’s your advice?

Look out for the eye pokes! Poke him first!

Putting icepack on his leg wasn't gonna make a difference & Neil mentally gave up after the first round

Last edited:
I don't think their advise was bad, he just couldn't get it done. Got overwhelmed by a better fighter that night is all.

Bitch I just got my ass beat for 20 minutes straight trying to jab and that’s your advice?
He did very well at the beginning of round 2 when he was the one starting the exchanges. Then he got hit in the eye again and he had difficulty dealing withe pain.

Magny's corner men last night seemed to do very little - it was pissing me off watching it, and its still bothering me now, hence this thread. What exactly were they doing? During the break before he got knocked out, he's sitting on the stool. There's no ice on his neck/back to cool him down, and there's sure as hell no ice on his leg that was getting kicked damn near off of his body. What gives? Were they not doing their jobs? Have you seen a corner do a poorer job than that crew last night?

And while I'm venting, although she looked sharp in winning, what the hell is Cynthia mean mugging and stomping around barking "What's up? What's up?" I'll tell you what's up Cynthia - your fricken weight - that's what's up.

Victory meant a lot for Cynthia. Lost her GranPa, got a weird suspension, had lost recent fight, missed weight and was in hostile territory. Looked to me like the win meant a lot to her

They had to say something...
Putting icepack on his leg wasn't gonna make a difference & Neil mentally give up after the first round

Neil was panicked from the first solid jab to the eye and was fighting not to get finished

tenor.gif

Ice isn't going to help anything. They should have just given technical advice. Even a 10 second tutorial regarding how to check a kick would have helped....

Victory meant a lot for Cynthia. Lost her GranPa, got a weird suspension, had lost recent fight, missed weight and was in hostile territory. Looked to me like the win meant a lot to her

They had to say something...

Neil was panicked from the first solid jab to the eye and was fighting not to get finished
How about, Neil you have to clinch up and slow him down. Try and drag him to the ground and get on top. They could have said anything, they reinforced his ass whooping.

He did very well at the beginning of round 2 when he was the one starting the exchanges. Then he got hit in the eye again and he had difficulty dealing withe pain.
He did well at the start of a couple rounds because he hadn’t been hit yet. Once he felt Ponzi is was over, every round. The game plan shouldn’t have been to stand after that first round. Amateur corner

I wonder if Magny has a broken or fractured orbital... It really was bothering him.

“Neil was panicked from the first solid jab to the eye and was fighting not to get finished[/QUOTE said:
Completely agree. For all the “he went out on his shield”, he just waited for Ponz to end it, he fought scared. That’s not what I think of going out on ur shield, any of us coulda just stood there till we were done, hell that’d be my game plan lo

Exactly this.

Magny had great advice from his corner, and it worked when he implemented it. He had success when on offense, but was stuck in a bad loop playing defense.

Its likely his eye and leg were too compromised for him to really go on the attack for very long. Some of that is mental fortitude, some of it is just plain reality

If your fighter is basically on one leg, showing no chance of winning and is up against a KO artist, you should throw the towel in.

Do a Roufus and Pettis and come up with a code to save face if you have to.

He did need to jab more. Jab and stay off the cage. He had the height and reach advantage but did nothing with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back