Was Gina Carano the only woman to give Cyborg a run for her money?

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
From what I’ve seen so far Cyborg destroyed all her opponents and made it look easy, but Gina fought hard and gave her a hard time, so is Gina the goat since Cyborg was busted with Roids before?
Be fair for once people!

Come to think of it, Carano could have done a lot better. Cyborg pulled mount like twice if I remember correctly and Carano just let her up

If they fought again it would have to be at a higher weight class.

Cyborg didn't destroy Holly Holm, she got out-boxed by Holly, actually, but Cyborg was more powerful.
It was a competitive fight.

Cyborg really hasn't fixed her takedown tbh. Holly showed that Cris can't really handle clinches.

Come to think of it, Carano could have done a lot better. Cyborg pulled mount like twice if I remember correctly and Carano just let her up

You're right about cyborg trying to throw Gina but failing . However, cyborg bumped Gina off pretty fast. Gina couldn't hold her down.

Holly Holm lasted 5 rounds.
Carano didn't make it out of the first round.
6 of Cyborgs opponents after Carano saw at least the start of the 2nd round.

Holly gave lasted 5 rounds busted Cyborg's lip at least we know now Cyborg is human and bleeds.

I think the list of those who did better against Cyborg is longer than the list of those who did worse

gina_carano_gifs_01.gif

gina_carano_gifs_02.gif

And of course the world famous sexy smile:
carano.gif

Cyborg really hasn't fixed her takedown tbh. Holly showed that Cris can't really handle clinches.

And Yana what's her face got Cyborg down with what looked like an extremely weak attempt. I wonder how Cyborg would do against a wrestler.

And Yana what's her face got Cyborg down with what looked like an extremely weak attempt. I wonder how Cyborg would do against a wrestler.

That's it! I was trying to remember who recently did a TD on Cris as well.

Gina took a beating and the fight didn't get out of the first round.

Gina was so damn fine back in the day and remains one of the holy trinity of WMMA that I am actually willing to watch. Methinks she probably doesn't look quite as amazing as she did a decade ago, though.

To clarify, I didn't just watch Gina fight because she was hot, but because she was a hell of a fighter and hot.

Holm did way better than Carano. Gina had some good positions, but she didn't make it out of the first.

Aside from that, Baars did beat Cyborg in MT.

Back