Teammate Jake Shields explains why the Diaz brothers haven’t fought in so long

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
According to teammate Jake Shields, the absence can be chalked up to one word, and it’s not a surprising one - money. While talking to BJPenn.com, Shields summed up why he thinks they’ve been holding out as long as they have:

“I still go back to California to train with Nick and Nate Diaz.

“I have trained with them a lot. Currently, I am in New York so I’m not training with them as much,” Shields added. “I have trained with these guys non-stop for years now. I think they both want to fight still, just not as often. Nate is just waiting for the Conor fight or big fights, and same with Nick, he was just waiting for big fights. They both had great careers already, so they are just looking for the big money fights now.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Nate still waiting for Conor? <{walkerwhut}>

B0T2Vza.gif

Nick Diaz turned down a title shot with Woodley just to come back and fight Masvidal who lost his last 2 fights?

Lol of course Nate is still waiting for Conor. He will wait forever for it lmao

I think the Diaz brothers don't spend much and their balling out is just to go out and buy drinks for themselves. The weed stuff i am sure people give them a bunch of free shit all the time. It's a bit sad when Nick started drinking late in life because of Rousey

Nick Diaz turned down a title shot with Woodley just to come back and fight Masvidal who lost his last 2 fights?

Nothing wrong with a tune up fight.

So Masvidal is the big money fight Nick has been waiting for lmao.

i saw jake shields once in the bay area and dude was wearing a tank top. dude had the worst acne ive ever seen. all over his core and face.

Can't blame them... Money Fights = 2019 Honda :eek:

Think of the money the Diaz Bros lost out on due to fines and pot suspensions.

Both brothers have put in the work to get to the point where they don't have to fight if they don't want to. They've earned the right to say fuck you, pay me. That's the ultimate goal of prize fighting. They've already won.

Both brothers have put in the work to get to the point where they don't have to fight if they don't want to. They've earned the right to say fuck you, pay me. That's the ultimate goal of prize fighting. They've already won.
made me think of this

I think the Diaz brothers don't spend much and their balling out is just to go out and buy drinks for themselves. The weed stuff i am sure people give them a bunch of free shit all the time. It's a bit sad when Nick started drinking late in life because of Rousey
I used to see Nick around Vegas a lot when I used to go out all the time. He parties trust me.

The fact they haven't fought for so long says otherwise.

Nick has wasted almost 4 years waiting for a "money fight". Now he's coming back to face 0-2 Masvidal in what certainly is not a money fight. He wasted 4 years of his prime money making years not making any money. That's a gigantic fuckup.

Nate went from your average UFC gatekeeper to potential star status with the Conor fights...and then nothing. It's been 2 years and now Conor has a better rival. If there was any time for Nate to get money fights it was right after the Conor fights. He's wasted all that time.

The guy who is managing their careers is completely useless.

It's just a tuneup fight to let people know he's still legit, It would seem.

Otherwise it'd be hard to really justify him getting In there with a big name / money opponent.

Nick started drinking because of Ronda?

Nate waiting to whoop conor's ass, for a third time.

Uh no. It doesn't work that way. Neither were champions or rulers of their divisions. The sport has moved on nicely without both of them. Both coming off losses, you don't get to dictate jack shit.

They can do whatever they want to do with their lives. But consider that you only have so many years when being a successful prize fighter is a viable option. It's not wrong to want a good deal, but at some point you are wasting your life.

Back