Media Kevin Lee plans to send a message to Khabib with his to-be "beating" over Al Iaquinta

Rdude92

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

“I think Al is tough and he stays in there for as long as he can and that’s what he’s done. But, at the end of the day, the numbers don’t lie and I’ve had 12 fights since our last fight. He’s only had 6 and he’s taken some time away from the game. He’s started doing real estate and just doing it for the money.

“I’ve really dedicated myself to this and I think I’ve constantly improved and shown new things during fights and shown something new every single fight. From him, you kinda just see the same thing. He’s strong, he’s tough and he’s going to give me a good fight, but he’s going to take a beating in front of the world on Dec 15 and I think he knows that.

There’s a little bit of redemption factor in this for me, I don’t really like Al, he don’t really like me, we come from two totally different lifestyles, but I’m using this to send a message to the rest of the world that I’m on a different level. I’m using this to send a message to Khabib because he already knows, but I’m going to show the rest of the world that I’m on a different level.”

If he wins does he deserve a shot for the title?

If he can finish Al on the ground it'd definitely be a strong message but I highly doubt he will ever fight Khabib

Khabib is out there looking for Floyd, talking about suspensions and retirement, and he doesn't seem too interested in Tony Ferguson...let alone Kevin lee.

barboza.PNG

He beat Barboza worse than Khabib did and he got the finish. That was a strong message, but Al is going to be a tougher fight no doubt.

Not sure who takes this one, but Lee vs Khabib is a fight I wouldn't mind seeing.

Kevin is crazy strong for LW, and a beast wrestler himself.

Would love to see how his grappling matches up against The Eagle.

I don't think Lee or Khabib have much time left at LW

Lee beats Khabib, I really believe that

Not sure who takes this one, but Lee vs Khabib is a fight I wouldn't mind seeing.

100%....but Tony first please.

“I think Al is tough and he stays in there for as long as he can and that’s what he’s done. But, at the end of the day, the numbers don’t lie and I’ve had 12 fights since our last fight. He’s only had 6 and he’s taken some time away from the game. He’s started doing real estate and just doing it for the money.

“I’ve really dedicated myself to this and I think I’ve constantly improved and shown new things during fights and shown something new every single fight. From him, you kinda just see the same thing. He’s strong, he’s tough and he’s going to give me a good fight, but he’s going to take a beating in front of the world on Dec 15 and I think he knows that.

There’s a little bit of redemption factor in this for me, I don’t really like Al, he don’t really like me, we come from two totally different lifestyles, but I’m using this to send a message to the rest of the world that I’m on a different level. I’m using this to send a message to Khabib because he already knows, but I’m going to show the rest of the world that I’m on a different level.”

If he wins does he deserve a shot for the title?

How does beating Al get you a title shot? Especially over Tony and Dustin.

Lee beat a broken Barboza.

Barboza has routinely lost to elite fighters. Unlike the Khabib fight though, he usually gets put away.

Hell even Michael Johnson beat the ever loving brakes off him.

If he can finish Al on the ground it'd definitely be a strong message but I highly doubt he will ever fight Khabib

Khabib is out there looking for Floyd, talking about suspensions and retirement, and he doesn't seem too interested in Tony Ferguson...let alone Kevin lee.

View attachment 473307

He beat Barboza worse than Khabib did and he got the finish. That was a strong message, but Al is going to be a tougher fight no doubt.

Well the fact that he himself almost got finished evens it out. But yeah, Barboza would probably rather fight Khabib again than Lee. Against Lee he took a beating. Against Khabib he just got shut down.

Purely grappling wise ie after it hits the mat, I truly think Khabib is leagues upon leagues better. But as far as getting it to the mat is concerned ie wrestling, there Lee might have a slight advantage. So for him to win imo, it will be a matter of beating Khabib to the “punch” (takedown) and praying his bottom game is his weak area.

How does beating Al get you a title shot? Especially over Tony and Dustin.
Khabib beat the real estate agent to win the belt. Tony should get it, and wtf with Diaz and Dustin that fight should happen on the same card Incase replacement needed.

Barboza has routinely lost to elite fighters. Unlike the Khabib fight though, he usually gets put away.

Hell even Michael Johnson beat the ever loving brakes off him.
Yeah but he had fought Khabib right before in a fight where he had nothing at all to offer. There’s no way his confidence level went back up after that especially going against another strong wrestler.

Lee seems like he has the right skill-set and mindset to potentially be great but I'm still on the fence. If he beats Al I'd like to see him fight Dustin.

Not really too many other fights to make given his ranking but just seems like he hasn't been tested enough to get a title shot given how the Ferguson right went. I'd be fun to watch though if it happens

Kevin fights those on a losing streak, Khabib fights those on a W streak. Former have no confidence, latter do. Khabib > Glass Jawed Lee

Kevin Lee had 5 rounds. Khabib had 3 and Kevin finished him in the 5th.

Khabib definitely would have finished Barboza in the championship rounds and he wouldn't have been turned into bambee by any point.

tenor.gif

so again, if this was a 3 round fight like Khabib/Barboza it would have been a 29-28.

View attachment 473307

Lee got the stoppage in the final round....khabibs fight was only 3 rounds.

Khabib is better than Lee, in every facet of the game...

Last edited:
You would think with his reach and physical attributes he would be a monster.
Tony smoked him. Not withstanding prior losses, I am not seeing it. Beat the realtor yes. Beat Kaboob no. There are others who will eclipse him regardless. Champion, possibly. Long term, will end up like Connor with far less money. Let's hope he does not squander his money, whatever that ammounts to.

Back