Magny Last Night (Still my boy rant!!)

Shaddows

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Magny was ....off last night.

One of the things I noticed, is that he never even tried to grapple.
Hold Ponzi, push him against the cage or take him down.

the only attempt I saw was after his legs were gone and it was a feeble attempt to pull guard ffs.

Anyone thinks this was an odd fight from Magny?

I mean the dude was able to withstand punches from Hector Lombard, Kelvin and Johnny hemndricks...but Ponzi took him out of his game completely???
I don't know. Maybe an undisclosed injury, maybe he was just off.... but I am not sure we saw the best Magny we could have seen... I am not sure Ponzi could repeat this fight

I think those legs shots did him in and he just couldn’t move

Could e injury.. he seems cmscared of ponzi all fight. Backed up way to much and put his back to the cage constantly. Was a matter of time for him. He looked really bad. Maybe ponzi made him fight like this woth pressure..who knows.

He looked like a deer in the headlights after that first strike hurt his eye.

Sort of froze up, and was timid.

Last edited:
Leg kicks were punishing, as the fight wore on the damage started to pile up to where Magny was really limited. Then he became the latest victim of the Ponzi scheme.

It had to be an injury swept aside. My vote is some kind of hand injury and he just couldn't pull the trigger. He looked awful.

I've never been super high on magny but he didnt look good at all it was like he just couldn't

This is how Magny looks when he fights elite strikers. At least he did better than he did in the Larkin fight.

the only attempt I saw was after his legs were gone and it was a feeble attempt to pull guard ffs.

I mean the dude was able to withstand punches from Hector Lombard, Kelvin and Johnny hemndricks...but Ponzi took him out of his game completely???
I don't know. Maybe an undisclosed injury, maybe he was just off.... but I am not sure we saw the best Magny we could have seen... I am not sure Ponzi could repeat this fight

He looked like a dear in the headlights after that first strike hurt his eye.

Exactly what Barbarian says, OP. He was hurt very early and never recovered. And he shot for a few takedowns but they were easily stuffed. But when you can't see and can't stand on one leg, how quick is your shot gonna be? Ponzi has underrated grappling and with his level of striking that guy is a problem. Worst part of it was that Ponzi could have ended that fight whenever he wanted but you could tell he wanted to sleep Magny for the home country and boy did he. Extremely impressive performance from Ponzi and they need to stop babying him with competition like Mike fucking Perry. Give this man Till or Wonderboy next

He looked like a dear in the headlights after that first strike hurt his eye.

Yeah, what ever happened with that strike pretty much changed Magney's whole fight.

maybe he respected Santiago's black belt in BJJ too

Maybe Ponzi is that good.

This is how Magny looks when he fights elite strikers. At least he did better than he did in the Larkin fight.
generally speaking

dfc001947aa928096334e341b8764380.jpg

I don’t know what was wrong with him but he looked off. Maybe the travel or he had an injury but he is usually much better than that.

I wouldn't consider Condit an elite striker anymore this isn't 2011 my guy. Condit has lost 4 straight and 7 of his last 9. Those days are over bud
You're going to leave out that one of those losses was actually a win in a welterweight title fight?

He looked incredible against Lawler

He just didn't have an answer for the pressure and power. It was basically the Lombard fight again except that Ponz didn't gas. He just kept coming and gave Magny no opportunity to turn the tide. Lombard was doing the same thing to Magny prior to running out of gas.

Back