Magny fight should have been stopped due to kicks?

cevo

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
How many times can you get dropped and then bounce around on 1 feet without the fight being stopped? Not what I would call "intelligently defending yourself". Considering this, Magny getting KO'd at the end was completely unneccessary damage. He was done.

No. It’s a cage fight, not a TMA tourney.

Herb looked like he was going to stop it a couple of times. Even warned Magny to fight back, to which he did.

The issue was, even on one leg, Magny was still throwing hands, so by definition he was defending himself.

But yeah, that was brutal to watch, I have to admit. His leg was destroyed.

Well...his corner is free to save him from more punishment.

Herb looked like he was going to stop it a couple of times. Even warned Magny to fight back, to which he did.

The issue was, even on one leg, Magny was still throwing hands, so by definition he was defending himself.

This. If he had gone down a few more times herb would have stopped it.

It was clear imo that’s what magny wanted. He was looking for a way outta the cage without being a quitter, if you’ve had enough you’ve had enough no need to rise to your feet over and over just tap. The holding of the eye the hopping on one leg and even the eventual flop for the finish indicated to me he wanted no more.

Does anyone know the extent of the damage Magny suffered to that leg?

Magny looked shook all fight tbh.

Magny looked shook, out gunned, no hail mary answer. Which made The Ponz look bad, you ever see a crocodile take 18 minutes to drown a baby wildebeest? That's all it was, his inability to land a kill shot on a double wounded opponent for 4 rounds.

No. It’s a cage fight, not a TMA tourney.

The guy could barely walk. The referee is supposed to save the fighters from serious injury, his leg could be fucked up for a long time now.

He couldn't move properly, so he got KO'd. Not the most intelligent defense, but he was resiting so I get your point.

. and even the eventual flop for the finish indicated to me he wanted no more.

I dropped a muscle relaxer at the 4th fight on the card and only made it through the Elkins blood bath. Had enough wits about me to Hit the record on DVR so I could see the slow motion replay of the Ponzi "kill shot" this morning. It didn't even look like it connected, and if it did, it was a grazing blow. Thought I was alone in thinking he took a dive on that.

You gotta respect Magny though for not folding and going down swinging

I don’t think it should have been stopped.

Corners are allowed to stop the fight for a reason.

Herb wants to give fighters a chance to win, against all odds.

It’s a refs job to stop the fight if fighter is unconscious or unable to defend himself, not if he only is defending himself poorly.

You gotta respect Magny though for not folding and going down swinging

Magny is one of the toughest hombres in the entire sport.

The beating he absorbed from Lombard would have killed most guys, and he came back and beat him. Dude has heart for days.

How many times can you get dropped and then bounce around on 1 feet without the fight being stopped? Not what I would call "intelligently defending yourself". Considering this, Magny getting KO'd at the end was completely unneccessary damage. He was done.
You make me fucking sick, i think you need to find something new to watch, pussy.

The guy could barely walk. The referee is supposed to save the fighters from serious injury, his leg could be fucked up for a long time now.

He couldn't move properly, so he got KO'd. Not the most intelligent defense, but he was resiting so I get your point.
Magny has a corner with a towel. Fights are gradually, more often, being stopped prematurely by refs. There’s no need to turn MMA into the laughing stock that’s become of the NFL. (Might as well disallow any contact on QBs at this point)

I dropped a muscle relaxer at the 4th fight on the card and only made it through the Elkins blood bath. Had enough wits about me to Hit the record on DVR so I could see the slow motion replay of the Ponzi "kill shot" this morning. It didn't even look like it connected, and if it did, it was a grazing blow. Thought I was alone in thinking he took a dive on that.

Totally agree. Me and my brother were both like hmmm, he just kinda stiffened up but his recovery is what kinda gets me it’s just way too smooth for a guy getting put to sleep

If you're going to take a dive, you're not going to do it by breaking your fall with your face.

If you're going to take a dive, you're not going to do it by breaking your fall with your face.
Totally agree. That's why the end was confusing to me. He didn't look to get popped but crashes like a tree then recovers in no time.
Just a weird chain of events.

Back