If you thought the travelling Irish soccer fans were special than wait for Ponzi's Argentinian fans

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
I Am long time soccer fan and believe me. I know alot of about that culture and it's all about atmosphere and no one can create atmosphere like the argentinians just wait to see it for yourself when Santiago Ponzinibbio beats Woodley and becomes the WW champion.

Las Vegas will turn completely into madness when they arrive for title fights like you have never seen before.

I remember in Brazil and Russia World cups they were something special to witness. The singing and atmosphere they brought was absolutely ridiculous.

Credit to the Irish fans tho and they knew how to create great atmosphere. They brought a different culture to MMA that is unknown because they are normally soccer fans who followed Conor.. normally both Ireland and Argentina are not MMA countries but soccer/football nations

Last edited:
Doubt it. Argentina don't give a flying shit about UFC or MMA. It's not football. And he is not like Conor or doesn't generate the same nationalistic feelings Conor tries to.

Doubt it. Argentina don't give a flying shit about UFC or MMA. It's not football. And he is not like Conor or doesn't generate the same nationalistic feelings Conor tries to.

Ponzi is actully growing in Argentina and once he claims that title they are bound to follow him. I know this things and they are very nationalistic

I Am long time soccer fan and believe me. I know alot of about that culture and it's all about atmosphere and no one can create atmosphere like the argentinians just wait to see it for yourself when Santiago Ponzinibbio beats Woodley and becomes the WW champion.

Las Vegas will turn completely into madness when they arrive for title fights like you have never seen before.

I remember in Brazil and Russia World cups they were something special to witness. The singing and atmosphere they brought was absolutely ridiculous

Embarrassing.

Where does he play and live?
<SelenaWow>

Messi is from there. Even taken out Aregentina is one of the strongest WC teams there is 2 titles n 2 runner ups in like last 8 cups. U on drugs this early man <{vega}>

calling it soccer while at the same time claiming to be european
<DontBelieve1>

I know my mistake but this forum is populated by not so smart Americans so they will instantly think I'm talking about NFL. I did it to just avoid misunderstandings

The Americans need extra help as they are unfortunately not smart
<seedat>

Last edited:
I know my mistake but this forum is populated by not so smart Americans so they will instantly think I'm talking about NFL. I did it to just avoid misunderstandings

If we keep using their stupid words they'll never learn tough. Football and handegg is all there is.

Argentinian here checking in.

MMA is not really known here still they put 10.245 seats in Parque Roca last night. The card was utter shit except for Santiago fight and the tickets were really expensive. We also have a shitty economic situation which lead me not to be there.

The promotion of the fight here was... non existent. Zero media. Only hardcores like myself or people training combat sports knew about it.

Santiago didnt do himself any favor. He could have taken the Maravilla Martinez route and he could guarantee a stadium next time. For people who dont know Martinez did a gig through all the talk shows he could get and even was in our version of dancing with the stars. EVERYBODY watched his fight with JCCJr and in his next fight he filled a big stadium against Murray (who?).
Side note... before his fight with Chavez nobody knew him here... NOBODY.

Last night I was in an "asado" (argentinian barbacue, best meat in the world.. Lamas was asking for one last night LOL) with 4 more people in a friends house. All musicians, nothing to do with sports... well they do like soccer.
I asked my friend for the remote and put Ponzi vs Magny fight.... all of them were super excited and really enjoyed the fight. They rooted like if it was the Malvinas war.

Santiago style for sure helps a lot. Walks forward throwing bombs. JBG gave us 1 good fighter and luckly for us is not a wrestlefucker.

All of my friends asked me to tell let them know next Ponzi fight.

Take into consideration that combat sports has grown a lot in the last decade here. I started KB 14 years ago and there was literally 1 place to train where I used to live (in fact, was zero.. I had to travel quite a bit). Last year there were like 10 places and a lot of amateur events.
BJJ didnt even existed like 15 years ago. Now there are a bunch of places to go and train.
MMA is coming from behind but still growing too.

Argentinian fans are the loudest and most retarded of all the world. For once I like the sport to be kind of niche because combat sports people are more classy. Yesterday they didnt boo Magny or any foreign fighter. It was awesome. Once it hit the main stream shit is going to hit the fan.

Santiago could be a HUGE star overnight here if he decides to go with our local Jimmy Kimmels type of shows. The fact that he has been living in Brazil since forever does not help.

We have the potential to have a huge following and event here but it is about the fighters to make the promotion. UFC cant do much.
Ponzi is ideal for the job because he is one of the most fans friendly guys in the sport... but he does not talk much trash and spent most of his time in the gym and not doing media gigs and saying stupid stuff.

The Americans need extra help as they are unfortunate not as smart as we are
<seedat>
<23><DisgustingHHH>

Back