Ponzi vs Wonderboy

Bestonian

Can't be assed with grammar
@purple
Reaction score
Just saying. This match-up makes a lot of sense and would be awesome to see. And Wonderboy would obliterate him.

Ponzi by powerful poke - leg kick - right hand combination.

I think WB gets jacked up by Ponzi pressure and cage cutoff style and no spiny twirly bobbin stuff will save him from a KO.

Another long limbed dude gets chopped by the Ponzi Axe. I think a wrestler is going to have to stop this guy.

He probably wouldn't outbox WB but could probably kick that lead leg just hanging out there.

Wonderboy after the fight
tumblr_p5l2ijRDvl1wzvt9qo1_500.gif

I think WB gets jacked up by Ponzi pressure and cage cutoff style and no spiny twirly bobbin stuff will save him from a KO.

I don't know, unlike magny, wonderboy Is a master of using misdirection to get off the cage.

Wonderboy was once a favorite of mine but now any match up against him seems likely to be a boring one. Till didn’t really push the pace but perhaps Ponzi could. Personally would prefer to see Ponzi take on one of the elite wrestlers

Ponzi wins cuts off the cage, jabs and peppers WB’s front leg all night. I think ponz also beats Tyron but will lose to Askren.

I don't know, unlike magny, wonderboy Is a master of using misdirection to get off the cage.

WB is good with space and if you allow him space he'll tag you & run all night until he clips you and swarms attack. But if you bully him cramp his space he fights defensive and protective Ponzi has the strength and power to bully WB and make him fight real cautious and fight on survival mode just like Tyrone did.

WB is good with space and if you allow him space he'll tag you & run all night until he clips you and swarms attack. But if you bully him cramp his space he fights defensive and protective Ponzi has the strength and power to bully WB and make him fight real cautious and fight on survival mode just like Tyrone did.

Yeah, but just watch what happened to Rory, hendricks, whittaker, and masvidal when they tried to pressure wonderboy against the cage.....it usually ends with wonderboy countering them and misdirecting off the cage.

Don't get me wrong, it's still better than being out in open space with wowonderboy---i'm just saying that he's still very dangerous while being pressured and he's very capable of using footwork to get the fight back to where he wants it, unlike magny.

Yeah, but just watch what happened to Rory, hendricks, whittaker, and masvidal when they tried to pressure wonderboy against the cage.....it usually ends with wonderboy countering them and misdirecting off the cage.

Don't get me wrong, it's still better than being out in open space with wowonderboy---i'm just saying that he's still very dangerous while being pressured and he's very capable of using footwork to get the fight back to where he wants it, unlike magny.

I hear and agree for the most part ^^^ with Rory he has a very low key pressure game, Hendricks just doesn't move well for a very athletic fighter like WB he was pretty much a standing target. Whittaker had pressure but showed little fight IQ for that fight his pressure was more rushed than controlled and rushed right into a counter if I remember the fight right? I've been saying for some while now even with solid hands Masividal is highly overrated he seemed out of step with WB's movement and he tended to rush at WB than used a controlled pressure pace.

What Ponzi did to Magny was a controlled pressure never allowing Magny to set feet or rhythm the moment he set his feet a chop kick to thigh or calf. WB stance is vastly different from Magny's but theory still remains it would be a interesting watch to see if Ponzi can execute.

Last edited:
Now thats the fight to make

Pressure fighter versus counter fighter. No chance of a borefest

Who'd yous got?

Wonderwoman should worry about winning a fight first. Nobody wants to see his boring low output style.

Ponz vs winner of RDA Usman is the fight to make

Wonderwoman should worry about winning a fight first. Nobody wants to see his boring low output style.

Ponz vs winner of RDA Usman is the fight to make
Fair enough. No need to shit on Thompson though. Its his style, you either like it or lump it

Wonderboy kills him. Ponz is a bigger mike perry in terms of striking but he can implement his ground game instead of relying on striking

Wonderboy kills him. Ponz is a bigger mike perry in terms of striking but he can implement his ground game instead of relying on striking
Thompsons ground game? You serious? Ponzi is BJJ black belt. He'd murder Thompson on the ground

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back