Can Dos Anjos beat Usman?

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Looked like a killer in his first 3 WW fights and beat up former champ lawler, looks like he was destined to fight for the strap, unfortunately he ran into Colby and got shut down.

Whats worrying for anjos is that it was the wrestling and pressure that shut him down in the colby fight, usman is probably a better stronger wrestler so it may just be a repeat for him..

Looked like a killer in his first 3 WW fights and beat up former champ lawler, looks like he was destined to fight for the strap, unfortunately he ran into Colby and got shut down.

Whats worrying for anjos is that it was the wrestling and pressure that shut him down in the colby fight, usman is probably a better stronger wrestler so it may just be a repeat for him..

Colby did not completely shut him down.

He won 3(?) rounds out of 5, he was not successful with most of the takedowns.
He got taken down himself.
He won by points and by being way more active.
It's not that he did to RDA as Khabib did...

Basically, that will be a measuring stick for Usman and his abilities.

RDA is ineffective when going backwards. He has a habit of moving in a straight line. I see this being a difficult fight for him. Usman is naturally a bigger guy too.

Colby did not completely shut him down.

He won 3(?) rounds out of 5, he was not successful with most of the takedowns.
He got taken down himself.
He won by points and by being way more active.
It's not that he did to RDA as Khabib did...

Basically, that will be a measuring stick for Usman and his abilities.
You are right, you just made me remember more of that fight, he did stop a few takedowns at one point, got some decent strikes in and even took colby down too but in the end it wasnt enough, colby had too much pressure.

I think we will see in this fight what his answer is to wrestlers (usually he loses to wrestlers .. Khabib, Colby ..because of their overwhelming pressure)

You are right, you just made me remember more of that fight, he did stop a few takedowns at one point, got some decent strikes in and even took colby down too but in the end it wasnt enough, colby had too much pressure.

Yep, and he was relentless.
So we'll see how much of all this Usman has.

Did Anjos still looked great against Colby but didn’t handle the pressure well enough. Usman is a strong wrestler but I don’t know if he can keep a pace like Colby.

If Usman can fight at a pace like Colby then he can win but if he cannot then RDA will win.

Based on his last fight, Full Camp Usman in his last fight struggled with 2 week notice Maia and even in the standup got tagged at will by Maia's left hand and even got wobbled.

Maia was nailing him on the temple on the regular in the 1st round and if he had any power then Usman would have taken a nap.

This fight against RDA is a huge test for Usman and will see where he is at.

Of course he can. He has to fight smarter then he did vs Cody though. Especially if he ends up pushed against the cage...

BlueAccurateBlackfly-size_restricted.gif

Probably not. Pressure wrestlers are his stylistic nightmare.

Usman doesnt have the colby cardio . Usman gasses out if the tries to fight like Colby.

I dont think so...Usman does the whole takedown, smother, gnp, to the win imo

Of course he can--he's an elite level fighter. It just depends on his game plan.

Usman doesnt have the colby cardio . Usman gasses out if the tries to fight like Colby.

lol
Usman usually goes the distance with people while putting on a relentless pace. Have you even watched his fights?

lol
Usman usually goes the distance with people while putting on a relentless pace. Have you even watched his fights?
Yes i have watched his fights . Watch his fight against maia then watch colby fight against maia see the difference in their pace colby beat maia worse than woodley and snoozeman combined .

RDA's biggest advantage is that this is a 5 round fight. If he can survive to the 4th and 5th rounds, he has a good chance.

Yes i have watched his fights . Watch his fight against maia then watch colby fight against maia see the difference in their pace colby beat maia worse than woodley and snoozeman combined .

Styles make fights. Of course the Usman vs Maia fight isn't gonna be the same fucking fight as Colby vs Maia.

Colby vs Maia also didn't look like Woodley vs Maia.
Woodley was very passive and didn't put on a very high pace, either. Does that mean he has bad cardio? No, it means he's a different athlete with a different mindset and a different gameplan going into the fight.

Styles make fights. Of course the Usman vs Maia fight isn't gonna be the same fucking fight as Colby vs Maia.

Colby vs Maia also didn't look like Woodley vs Maia.
Woodley was very passive and didn't put on a very high pace, either. Does that mean he has bad cardio? No, it means he's a different athlete with a different mindset and a different gameplan going into the fight.
He is an athlete who thinks is "well-rounded" but all he has is wrestling . You are the only usman fan here in sherdog.

Back