00s MMA UFC vs Pride Rich Franklin vs Kazuo Misaki

savemgs

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Rich Franklin vs Kazuo Misaki
These two are two of the best middleweights of that era and unfortunately they never cross paths due to being in different promotions the UFC and pride FC.I'm not sure how this fight would have played out Prime for prime Ace had very good kickboxing and kazuo had great throws and good take downs. Ace on the other hand never had a great takedown defense he even got taken down by an old Shamrock and Chuck but the important part is he was still able to get back up and finish both of those fights. So I think this fight would be extremely interesting. How do you guys believe this theoretical fight play out?

Kazuo Misaki was the 2006 PRIDE Welterweight Grand Prix Champion
Has wins over Dan Henderson Phil Baroni Ed Herman Jorge Patino Joe Riggs Paul Daley.

Rich Franklin Was the UFC Middleweight Championship Has wins over Chuck Liddell Ken Sahmrcok Wanderlei Silva Evan Tanner Nate Quarry.

Misaki had a level of unevenness to him that Rich didn't have (who was super-consistent). I suppose that'll have to be the decider.

Misaki would have lit Rich up, probably even TKO’d him.

Franklin reigned over a non existent division, he’s a glorified journeyman. Not sure why he’s always compared to the greats.

I think Misaki would have given Rich real problems with his movement and abrupt attacks. He was a weird fighter.

Kazuo Misaki

tenor.gif

Misaki would have lit Rich up, probably even TKO’d him.

Franklin reigned over a non existent division, he’s a glorified journeyman. Not sure why he’s always compared to the greats.

Honesty that's a good point. But that wasn't his fault he wasn't ducking people like guys today do. He just had the competition that was put in front of him. he still was a dame good fighter.

Misaki had a level of unevenness to him that Rich didn't have (who was super-consistent). I suppose that'll have to be the decider.
Grabaka fighters all have that. Flashes of brilliance here and there but no solid fundamentals.

He was old and still bested Daley. He might knock rich out cold

Ace Franklin is extremely underrated on Sherdog. He gave prime Hendo all he can handle and couldn’t been awarded the decision.

Misaki was a tough fight for most everyone he faced, I think Franklin's consistency would be the advantage here for a 29-28 decision but Misaki had the ability to get an upset, his stand up was pretty underrated possibly due to how unorthodox it was and his use of judo trips for take downs gave a lot of people trouble.

I give it to Misaki, a little too unorthodox in his attack. Definitely gets tagged some in the process though.

Rich Franklin vs Kazuo Misaki
These two are two of the best middleweights of that era and unfortunately they never cross paths due to being in different promotions the UFC and pride FC.I'm not sure how this fight would have played out Prime for prime Ace had very good kickboxing and kazuo had great throws and good take downs. Ace on the other hand never had a great takedown defense he even got taken down by an old Shamrock and Chuck but the important part is he was still able to get back up and finish both of those fights. So I think this fight would be extremely interesting. How do you guys believe this theoretical fight play out?

Kazuo Misaki was the 2006 PRIDE Welterweight Grand Prix Champion
Has wins over Dan Henderson Phil Baroni Ed Herman Jorge Patino Joe Riggs Paul Daley.

Rich Franklin Was the UFC Middleweight Championship Has wins over Chuck Liddell Ken Sahmrcok Wanderlei Silva Evan Tanner Nate Quarry.

Matt Lindland over both.

Ace Franklin is extremely underrated on Sherdog. He gave prime Hendo all he can handle and couldn’t been awarded the decision.

Rich was a good fighter, but Misaki actually did win a decision over Hendo. Not many fighters could out decision "Decision Dan."

Back