Is there a more improved fighter in the last decade?

chinarice

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Than TJ Dillashaw?

I highly doubt anyone could have ever called that the guy would evolve and become as good as he did.

I always thought he would have to heavily rely on his wrestling to be successful at the top but he is arguably the greatest striker 135 and below ever.

Lawler is the only other that I can really think of, if you're looking at fighters that went higher than their trajectory

I will go with Rafael dos Anjos. He debuted with 2 losses, was a floundering bottom-feeder for several years, and then went on to become a defending world champion, a multi-division contender, and one of the most well-rounded fighters in the game. Respect

I will go with Rafael dos Anjos. He debuted with 2 losses, was a floundering bottom-feeder for several years, and then went on to become a defending world champion, a multi-division contender, and one of the most well-rounded fighters in the game. Respect
That is a good choice too. Never thought RDA would touch gold when he was getting his jaw broken by Clay Guida.

That is a good choice too. Never thought RDA would touch gold when he was getting his jaw broken by Clay Guida.

Stephens too, brutal uppercut. Not to mention Khabib ragdolling him.

And then he became champion. There's hope for all of us.

Lawler is the only other that I can really think of, if you're looking at fighters that went higher than their trajectory
Realy, many had high hopes for Lawler when he burst on the scene, he was a underachiever and languishing for years he was meant to be the heir to the WW throne after Hughes and the next great Miletich fighter.

How about mighty mouse

Went from losing to Cruz when he was mostly a fighter that relied on his extraordinary speed to the most technically complete fighter on the roster and p4p #1 fighter in the world.

I think few saw that coming after the Cruz loss and the draw against Uncle Creepy that followed

Tyron Woodley - went from a one dimensional wrestler to one of the most complete fighter of this generation

Tyron Woodley - went from a one dimensional wrestler to one of the most complete fighter of this generation
It seems like im disagreeing with you but you have a look at Tyrons early fights you can tell he had it, he jumped into fighting decent competition within 5 fights snd fought for a world title within 3 years of becoming a pro, he always had a high ceiling for improvement

A lot of good names thrown in the thread.

How about Bisping?

I'm not sure how big of his leap is due to technical improvements- it could be because of USADA diminishing other MWs, but he went from perennial gatekeeper to champion in a ridiculously stacked division.

Years ago people laughed at the idea of Bisping beating Anderson Silva or becoming champion but he accomplished both.

Funny and predictable.

Arguably evolved as much as Chris Weidman!
<bball1>
Woodley is way better than Weidman. He's more comparable to Whittaker but Twood has more title defenses and has looked more dominating

A lot of good names thrown in the thread.

How about Bisping?

I'm not sure how big of his leap is due to technical improvements- it could be because of USADA diminishing other MWs, but he went from perennial gatekeeper to champion in a ridiculously stacked division.

Years ago people laughed at the idea of Bisping beating Anderson Silva or becoming champion but he accomplished both.
Bisping is one of the most underrated fighters in MMA history.

How about mighty mouse

Went from losing to Cruz when he was mostly a fighter that relied on his extraordinary speed to the most technically complete fighter on the roster and p4p #1 fighter in the world.

I think few saw that coming after the Cruz loss and the draw against Uncle Creepy that followed
Too manlet/didn’t read.

Anthony Smith has gone from some random Strikeforce can to future title contender. TJ was always a very good fighter.

Back