When did you start watching UFC?

Platinum

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
out of curiousity, when did you start watching UFC?

Last edited:
UFC 40 Tito Ortiz vs Ken Shamrock at a coworker's house.

Silva . Belfort was the first event I ever watched. UFC 126. Seems like quite a while ago now.

O4TZ7LLTZPGMAZICBIEN4KRAFBE3CV7E.jpeg

UFC 5 was the first time for me, Dan Severn cleaned house and won the tournament.

I rented the first UFCs on VHS from blockbuster back in '97 so back then.

I wasn't old enough to rent them but I went to blockbuster enough that I didn't need my parents to go for me since they knew my parents would let me anyway.

Those were the days!

Somehow convinced my old man to allow me to watch UFC 6 when I was just a youngen.

r8cqw6.jpg

Saw the above happen and was fucking shocked. The rest is history.

Maybe around 2009 or so? Not necessarily UFC but MMA in general; I'd watch Kimbo Slice fights online, and I'd also catch a Strikeforce or UFC card on TV every now and then and start getting to know the fighters. I was living in Japan at the time and would get pretty much all of the big MMA and boxing cards for free, so that definitely helped.

Pride since I was 13 and then kinda followed Cro Cop into watching UFC. So around 2007

Watched UFC 1 on PPV with my dad, uncle and brothers. Went back to my 5th grade class the following Monday ready to fight any and everyone.

Age is just a number, I'm a top prospect

i

I watched the UFC on spike as a kid

UFC 100 was the first PPV I ordered with friends when I was... 18? I'm 27.

Wish I wasn't 2 years old when UFC began

Ultimate Brazil and worked back from there thanks to my local video store. Never thought Wand would become a bigger star than Vitor.

UFC 1 bro.

Seriously though the first UFC I saw was the one where Tank debuted. I was in elementary school still. I remember expecting more gore and violence... kinda funny since Tank koed Matua into a seizure and Oleg vs Tank was a war in the final. It really delivered on the violence. Back then nobody really knew about "ultimate fighting" but there were always sensational and ignorant claims about fighting tournaments and the like so I figured at least a couple people will die in this tournament

Used to watch during the Anderson Silva era then took a break and got back into it when Conor fought Nate for the first time. Had no clue who Conor was, either.

1995, discovered both UFC and Extreme Fighting at the local video store.

UFC 40. Dumb wrestling fan who wanted to watch Ken Shamrock.

Or whenever I get in a disagreement with another poster they tell me I'm a Conor newb because I have a 2016 join date.

Back