What bothers me about Jon Jones

FireKidWS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is not the failed tests.

It’s not even his somewhat cringey switch from good guy to heel to good guy routine.

It’s the eyepokes.

I hate eye pokes. I don’t like eye pokers.

I know he isn’t the only one. I lost a lot of respect for DC after the Stipe pokefest, lost respect for Gustafson after several eye pokes as well.

I feel Jones is the most blatant about it though. He keeps his hands, fingers outstretched, at eye level of his opponent.

He is arguably the greatest fighter of all time.

That’s why it’s so frustrating he bends the rules (and fingers) to win.

I hope in the Gus-Jones fight whoever eyepokes less wins.

That’s why it’s so frustrating he bends the rules (and fingers) to win.

Funny. So you don't like that he bends the rules.
But only rules against eye-gouging, yes? What about rules against prohibited substances?

But only rules against eye-gouging, yes? What about rules against prohibited substances?

“Everyone’s on steroids.”

-Nate Diaz

What about the hit and run

He and Gus will be skewering each others retinas clean outta the sockets.

What about kicking knees in
Completely legal and legitimate technique. If guys dont like it or cant prevent it, maybe they should switch to boxing.

The eye pokes are seriously fucked up though. Jon is one of the few that clearly intentionally does it. Jon has no empathy for his opponents. He only cares about getting the W.

I don't get why they don't change the gloves to pride style.

Jones is as dirty as they get

fingers2.gif

fingers4.gif

You know a fighter is dirty when there are entire compilation videos of his eyepokes on Youtube and even a list of his top 10 eye pokes.

https://middleeasy.com/top-lists/the-top-ten-jon-jones-eye-pokes-in-ufc-history/

everyone uses it. or used it. just stop caring about this crap

I'd say the hit and run is the most egregious thing he's done

I would too, but that’s related to his personal life and I tend to try to stay out of fighters personal lives.

What he does in the octogon is fans business, however, as they are the ones paying for the fight.

What about kicking knees in
Yeah, I always get flamed for it, but I hate that too. Rules are not, I lose respect for the fighter that uses those front push kicks to the knee all the time.

Back