Agree or disagree?: Frankie Edgar is top 10 GOAT in MMA.

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Simple question....but if you disagree, you are A FOOL!!! And you suck at watching fights!!! Sorry i don't know how to make a poll. I suck at sherdogging. Also if you disagree please share who you rank ahead of him. Please take skills into consideration.

P.s. When we look back and talk about well rounded complete fighters. Frankie Edgar will be one of those fighters who you'd want someone to model their style after. Not a guy like Matt Hughes despite him having a more dominant title run.

Last edited:
Disagree

Fedor
Anderson
Jones
GSP
Aldo
DC
BJ
Hendo
Nog
DJ

Disagree

Fedor
Anderson
Jones
GSP
Aldo
DC
BJ
Hendo
Nog
DJ

Replace Hendo with Edgar and - voila!

Or, alternative option: throw away Anderson, Jones, Hendo for pharmaceutical reasons

He's my favorite fighter of all time, best win was dethroning BJ, but otherwise he has never had the talent to be consistent against the best of the best.

So I'd say he is out of the top 10, but definitely top 20.

BJ over Frankie huh?

Frankie beat him 3 times.

<36>

And Jeremy Horn beat Chael 3 times
Hallman beat Hughes twice
Mir beat Nog twice

BJ was a 2 weight world champ. Beat prime p4p great Hughes.

He's my favorite fighter of all time, best win was dethroning BJ, but otherwise he has never had the talent to be consistent against the best of the best.

So I'd say he is out of the top 10, but definitely top 20.
Never had the talent??? He's one of THE most consistent fighters we have especially considering the era he's from. And if you can't see his talent than you need glasses or to improve your appreciation of striking, specific the science of boxing.

And Jeremy Horn beat Chael 3 times
Hallman beat Hughes twice
Mir beat Nog twice

BJ was a 2 weight world champ. Beat prime p4p great Hughes.
First of all those are TERRIBLE comparisons. None of those guys career really compares to Edgar. AAAAAND. Frankie Edgar would dominate the best Matt Hughes and his zero strikng threat on the feet.

First of all those are TERRIBLE comparisons. None of those guys career really compares to Edgar. AAAAAND. Frankie Edgar would dominate the best Matt Hughes and his zero strikng threat on the feet.

LMAO at FW Edgar dominating one of the strongest WWs in history. Hughes would toss Edgar around.

If you want to say Frankie was one of the top 10 in MMA in from 2010-2011 I'm onboard. However, even during that run, the best of his career, he had a very close decision with Penn, a draw with Grey and was almost stopped in the first round of the rematch.

hmm idk

fedor
gsp
aldo
silva
jones
cruz
dc
wand
hughes

last 1 is tough - nog, hendo, bj

Never had the talent??? He's one of THE most consistent fighters we have especially considering the era he's from. And if you can't see his talent than you need glasses or to improve your appreciation of striking, specific the science of boxing.
By consistent wins I mean beating the best fighter in the division at the time. He lost twice to Bendo and twice to Aldo, avenged his loss to prime Maynard with whom he is 1-1-1. He is out of his prime right now and was recently KO'd by a prime fighter in Brian.

I actually have years of experience in boxing and train in MMA, but you're wrong in that this is MMA, not boxing, and while his boxing his good, he never had the power and speed at FW to beat the best at stand up.

Back