So who was better, Darren Till or Dan Hardy?

AimedWithV

Double Yellow Card
@Silver
Reaction score
Two English strikers with little ground game came to the title shot at the WW division.
Sometimes they knocked opponents TFO, sometimes they dominated in striking, sometimes they robbed their opponents off the victory.

Till's only top opponent was Stephen Thompson. Hardy's - Mike Swick (yes he was top 10 WW back then).

Hardy's career went downhill from the title shot - bunch of losses, then short comeback, retirement from the sport, becoming a commentator in the UFC.
Till ...we'll see how it goes.

You know how Till is today. You know how Hardy is today.

Let me remind you a bit about the fighter Dan Hardy - trash talking punk and a troll:

183534_1.jpg
dan-hardy.jpg

https://www.mmaweekly.com/dan-hardy-gsp-is-an-athlete-not-a-fighter-2
http://www.cagepotato.com/marcus-davis-learned-nothing-frank-mir-death-threat-controversy/

Darren Till

Dan Hardy lost 4X in a row during his prime.

How can we judge Tills career when it is nowhere near to ending?

GSP being unable to finish Dan Hardy is one of the most embarrassing displays in MMA history.

Till is a much better striker than Hardy and did a fantastic job of defending Woodley's TDs so he is a far better wrestler than Hardy too. Better chin, more power, and bigger in addition to his technical superiority.

Plus Till's career is far from over, yet he is already 10X the fighter that Dan Hardy ever was.

GSP being unable to finish Dan Hardy is one of the most embarrassing displays in MMA history.

Till is a much better striker than Hardy and did a fantastic job of defending Woodley's TDs so he is a far better wrestler than Hardy too. Better chin, more power, and bigger in addition to his technical superiority.

Hardy landed a bit more strikes on GSP though :)

Plus Till's career is far from over, yet he is already 10X the fighter that Dan Hardy ever was.

But he lost his last fight, which means that he was always and will always be overrated (according to sherdog).

I think Till is more talented and has a higher ceiling.

You say Till has little ground game.

You know he lived in Brazil for years teaching striking and learning BJJ. He got choked in his last fight because he was rocked.

I'm not sure that's the path Woodley would've chosen.

Definitely not Woodley of 2010...

yeah he would've. he would've taken Dan Hardy down like nothing and then pounded him into the mat.

Dan Hardy isn't that good at anything but throwing a left hook, and even that, Carlos Condit beat him at that.

i'm talking the Woodley who is the UFC champ, not the one in Strikeforce.

yeah he would've. he would've taken Dan Hardy down like nothing and then pounded him into the mat.

Dan Hardy isn't that good at anything but throwing a left hook, and even that, Carlos Condit beat him at that.

Prime Condit was an absolutely elite and amazing fighter. No fluke.
And Hardy was more than just one hook. Watch his Swick fight.

As of Woodley, well...he has KOs standing, but his GnP is not exactly lethal....good control, but he's not Cain Velasquez.

Prime Condit was an absolutely elite and amazing fighter. No fluke.
And Hardy was more than just one hook. Watch his Swick fight.

As of Woodley, well...he has KOs standing, but his GnP is not exactly lethal....good control, but he's not Cain Velasquez.

Condit on Hardy: "I...jus´dont know... how this dude got...here..."

Can we just clarify that Dan Hardy fought his entire career with a life threatening heart condition? and you can laugh at his biggest win being Mike Swick, but their fight was a no 1 contender fight and no one gave Dan a chance.

Can we just clarify that Dan Hardy fought his entire career with a life threatening heart condition? and you can laugh at his biggest win being Mike Swick, but their fight was a no 1 contender fight and no one gave Dan a chance.

i get that, but how does having a heart defect affect learning how to grapple?

Two English strikers with little ground game came to the title shot at the WW division.
Sometimes they knocked opponents TFO, sometimes they dominated in striking, sometimes they robbed their opponents off the victory.

Till's only top opponent was Stephen Thompson. Hardy's - Mike Swick (yes he was top 10 WW back then).

Hardy's career went downhill from the title shot - bunch of losses, then short comeback, retirement from the sport, becoming a commentator in the UFC.
Till ...we'll see how it goes.

You know how Till is today. You know how Hardy is today.

Let me remind you a bit about the fighter Dan Hardy - trash talking punk and a troll:

183534_1.jpg
dan-hardy.jpg

https://www.mmaweekly.com/dan-hardy-gsp-is-an-athlete-not-a-fighter-2
http://www.cagepotato.com/marcus-davis-learned-nothing-frank-mir-death-threat-controversy/

I made a cracking thread comparing them before the Woodley fight, where I essentially told everyone the fight was the same just a different name (gsp/Hardy and Woodley/till)
Gob shites from Britain generate hype period
I ate a lot of shit in that thread because I'd say 70% were on Till

Was a good time a few days later..

Back