That Gsp Hendricks fight....

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As a gsp fan, I thought he lost when it was over. But I got to thinking... Everyone thought he lost. Fans. Haters. The media. At the end of the fight that is. I was shocked to hear the decision. Now I have watched the fight a few times and can see how he won. Close fight, but he did win. I think though, that everyone was so used to seeing gsp just dominate everyone that the only way anyone could see it as he was losing. If that was say Mike Perry, I would bet the media results and the fans watching would have been a total different reaction. Just a thought....

I've watched the fight several times as well. That decision was corrupt

I've watched the fight probably 10 times. Looks more and more like a Hendricks win every time I watch it. Dana was honestly correct, the only round you can definitively give to GSP was round 3.

1, 3, 5.

Like you said TS, when a fighter is dominant for so long and then has an off night it does't take much for fair weather fans and media cucks to get it twisted.

It doesn't matter really. The best anyone has done against GSP in over a decade is to just barely but not quite get two judges to think they won lol. Even a future champ on the best night of his life was not able to get the job done. That's why GSP is the GOAT.

hahaha....

You are one of the most PATHETIC gsp haters here.

TONER, confirmed.

GSP is teh GOAT.

Keep drowning in those salty, butt-hurt tears.

I thought Big Rigg won that night, along with most of the people sitting at my table.

I'd have to re-watch it, but I remember feeling the same way TS. I remember Hendricks winning his rounds clearly and GSP edging his out, which is what may have caused the confusion. Nowadays with the rule changes that would definitely be a Hendricks win, but back then fights where more about strike counts and control time.

He won. The fault is due to the fact that they rarly give out 10-8 rounds.

But gsp most certainly won rounds 3 and 5 and round 1 was a draw but id give the edge to gsp for landing more strike, landing more variety of strikes and pushing the pace.

Pretty sure this is exactly how I saw it, but again I'd have to re-watch. Good call man.

It all came down to how the you judged the 1st rnd, personaly I gave it to Big Rig based on the elbows he threw while preventing a TD.

Rnd wise it was a close fight, overall no rnd scoring GsP got whooped

Even the GSP fans that thought he came up short just shrug their shoulders and agree with the rest of the delusional bandwagon. Hendricks landed a series of elbows off his sprawl in round 1 that turned gsp’s face into 80/20 ground chuck and did enough damage to seal the deal, add rounds 2 and 4 to that and, well..

The only round GSP won was Rd 5, and that's due to Hendricks coasting because he felt bad for GSP's CTE-riddled brain which had him hallucinating about aliens

As a gsp fan, I thought he lost when it was over. But I got to thinking... Everyone thought he lost. Fans. Haters. The media. At the end of the fight that is. I was shocked to hear the decision. Now I have watched the fight a few times and can see how he won. Close fight, but he did win. I think though, that everyone was so used to seeing gsp just dominate everyone that the only way anyone could see it as he was losing. If that was say Mike Perry, I would bet the media results and the fans watching would have been a total different reaction. Just a thought....
Hendricks got a lot of "Extra Credit" for not getting utterly dominated. I saw it exactly as it happened 48-47 GSP live. I scored it round by round but was worried by the way they were talking that the judges would give it to Hendricks. If you watch the first round which is the only one debatable with no commentary you will see it was close but GSP did more. The "Murderous Elbows" Rogan was freaking out over didn't do anything. Travis Browne Elbows KO'd Barnett iirc but GSP stopped going for the single leg not due to elbows but he wasn't getting the TD so he moved on. If that exact same fight was 2 prelim guys nobody knew Hendricks would have lost and there would be no crying about it. The funny thing is there aren't any Hendricks Fans crying about it but rather GSP haters who can't stand to see a true classy guy being a true Champion both in and out of the cage.

hahaha....

You are one of the most PATHETIC gsp haters here.

TONER, confirmed.

GSP is teh GOAT.

Keep drowning in those salty, butt-hurt tears.

I sometimes get the odd feeling Toner is among us (12 accounts later)...but it's probably not him,he's not jerking off about how UFC sucks and Bellator is the best plus there's just a lot of GSP haters.

On topic,I remember watching it again and thinking GSP 48-47 (I had it the same watching it live) in a toss up type decision but kind of clear imo.People are crazy about this "robbery".TS I think has a point,the fact that he didn't dominate swung some people's opinions.Not sure how anyone could be shocked though,it was a close fight.People have been retarded about this decision since it happened.

giphy.gif

I thought GSP won because I actually scored the fight when I watched it live. Score it round by round based on the criteria. I use to hate GSP at the time too.

First round is the deciding factor. You have to honestly mute the commentary because Rogain is being a biased overexcited fool in this fight.

And look at Hendricks career after being in a war with the goat.

Back