A Close Up of Ronda's Punching Technique

Lukn4trbl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Saw this while I was making another thread this evening, and wanted to share.

How did Deadmond not pick up the signs? These still shots highlight the poor coaching skills
of Mr. Tarverdyan.

Screen shots taken from Ronda's Pantene commercial:

Actual progression of the punch - starting with first curled in next to shoulder. Finishing with back of hand striking with a downward motion. Eyes closed.
15799932_10155677436469148_1995962542248721803_o.jpg

Wrist rotated and back of hand making contact.
15774847_10155677436319148_5830520864410755157_o.jpg

Shoulder tucked up against the ear.
15844683_10155677436519148_2298939363026038099_o.jpg

Excellent striking/boxing coach.
edmond-tarverdyan.jpg

She must really not have done a lot of sparring. That is the kind of thing you pick up after getting tagged up over a few rounds.

He wanted her to lose, brought her up, trained her wrong, let her crush bums to make all the feminists throw money at her, then cashed in betting big money on Holly.
8xhWhJDoHxTOw.gif
--Evil genius

She must really not have done a lot of sparring. That is the kind of thing you pick up after getting tagged up over a few rounds.

I'm surprised she didn't suffer any injuries (disclosed), or broke any bones in her hand from punching like that.

mannn she's gonna get roasted so hard as usual. :p

Whenever I think back on Ronda I just think what a not-natural at all fighter. Some people just have that fight instinct and ability to pick up new things. She didn't have that. She had her Judo and some basic ground grappling.

And she was strong. But that's it.

It's such a shame she was dropping those Boxing World Champs with body shots rght and left, it's sad they didn't test her since they barely lasted a few mins with her.

Whenever I think back on Ronda I just think what a not-natural at all fighter. Some people just have that fight instinct and ability to pick up new things. She didn't have that. She had her Judo and some basic ground grappling.

She probably would have dominated longer in her career if she stuck to the judo/grappling game plan

Trying to strike with those "skills" against a trained boxer [Nunes and Holly] put her on her ass.

She probably would have dominated longer in her career if she stuck to the judo/grappling game plan

Trying to strike with those "skills" against a trained boxer [Nunes and Holly] put her on her ass.

Yes, true, enhance your strengths.

Ehh i think she could have pickex up striking well. It was just the fact she

1. Had a coach who had no idea what he was doing.

2. Said coach deluded her into thinking she was a capable striker.

He wanted her to lose, brought her up, trained her wrong, let her crush bums to make all the feminists throw money at her, then cashed in betting big money on Holly.
8xhWhJDoHxTOw.gif
--Evil genius

<seedat>

Back