So why did the UFC not punish the soldier of God when...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He missed weight after beating Luke? That was hypocritical move on the UFC part don’t u think? Either way Karma got him and he still lost for the second time. What are your thoughts on this subject, shouldn’t have the UFC punish him instead of giving him a title shot?

it was on like 4wks notice and he was punished by not getting the iterm belt

it was on like 4wks notice and he was punished by not getting the iterm belt
Which is meaningless because he still got a title shot (Interim Belt is just #1 contender) and he missed weight for that too. Any fighter that misses weight and wins should have to make weight again in another fight before a title shot.

Which is meaningless because he still got a title shot (Interim Belt is just #1 contender) and he missed weight for that too. Any fighter that misses weight and wins should have to make weight again in another fight before a title shot.
thats not how it works just ask Til

Luke finishes Romero in a rematch

Romero already finished.

RomeroKiss.jpg

thats not how it works just ask Til
Yeah I know but he shouldn't have gotten a shot either. Colby should have fought Woodley if they were making him an Interim Champ. As much as I hate his Schtick stripping him was dumb. Even Till said he shouldn't get a Title Shot.

He missed weight after beating Luke? That was hypocritical move on the UFC part don’t u think? Either way Karma got him and he still lost for the second time. What are your thoughts on this subject, shouldn’t have the UFC punish him instead of giving him a title shot?

They never punish weight missers. Fucking Darren Till got a title shot after missing weight. So has Romero.

They did punish him - He wasn't allowed the extra two hours to make weight for his fight with Whittaker, which he tried complaining to the commission about. But the rules if I'm not mistaken say that missing weight puts you on a one fight ban from getting those extra two hours, which means he got it with a hefty fine.

That Luke fight was messed up. He didn't even try to make weight. Smart move on his part though. It obviously worked.

He got fucked enough by getting screwed out of the decision on the second Whittaker fight.

They did punish him - He wasn't allowed the extra two hours to make weight for his fight with Whittaker, which he tried complaining to the commission about. But the rules if I'm not mistaken say that missing weight puts you on a one fight ban from getting those extra two hours, which means he got it with a hefty fine.
I was not aware of this.

Incorrect.
He weighed in the second time with like 10 mins left.
There is a video from the live stream, he got his full allocation and still missed.

{<jordan}

Glass chin like gets another #metoo moment kiss after a brutal KO loss

Wouldn't surprise me if rockhold wins the rematch.

Romero is the kind of fighter you want a full camp for because just 1 mistake and its done.

Wouldn't surprise me if rockhold wins the rematch.

Romero is the kind of fighter you want a full camp for because just 1 mistake and its done.

I just dont see Luke's chin holding up, simple as that. Like you said he's gotta pitch a shut out with Yoel it's one and done.

Punish him how exactly? Several fighters have gotten Title shots after missing weight, Ray Borg for example.

Back