What is an a level Athlete?

karateisundratd

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I am trying to understand sherdog's concept of an A level athlete, because despite trying and reading all the comments I cannot figure out, what is an A level athlete by sherdog standards. From what I understand there are different kinds of sports and you need different kind of conditioning and physique to be successfull at them, for example ; to be a mrathon runner you need a lot endurance and be very lean with well conditioned slow twitch muscle fibres but that physique/ability would be useless in wrestling. An athlete which may be very successfull at one sport may not be good at any other. As per sherdog anybody who is overweight or skinny is automatically excluded from being a good athlete. What is an A level athlete sherdog? Can somebody plz explain.

Last edited:
A fat fuq offensive NFL lineman, or a 6'10" NBA basketball star.

Anyone who fights in the UFC is an A level athlete

Anyone who posts on Sherdog is an A level athlete

It's a stupid concept used to define people who play US sports that no one else plays as top athletes.
There aren't any US sports that require stamina as they all stop after about 5-10s of play so that's not required to be an A Level Athlete.

It's a stupid concept used to define people who play US sports that no one else plays as top athletes.
There aren't any US sports that require stamina as they all stop after about 5-10s of play so that's not required to be an A Level Athlete.
You do realize we have pro basketball, soccer and boxing, right?

They do have time outs like after every 3-4 minutes in basketball though. Do u think with the size and the muscle mass that Lebron carries, he would be successfull in a 90 mins soccer match?

In the US - a baseball, football, basketball player or golfer.
In Canada - a hockey player or curler.
In most of the rest of the world a soccer/football player.
In India and England - a cricketer.
In Australia - Rugby and surfer.
In reality - anybody not on Sherdog compared to a Sherdogger.

Apparently a player of that sport that almost no one in the world gives a fuk about called American football

They do have time outs like after every 3-4 minutes in basketball though. Do u think with the size and the muscle mass that Lebron carries, he would be successfull in a 90 mins soccer match?
Don't try to say soccer players are running for 90 minutes. They sashay around more than baseball players meander and football players waddle.

Soak it in. GOAT A-level in its most primal form.

11135.jpg

Don't try to say soccer players are running for 90 minutes. They sashay around more than baseball players meander and football players waddle.
I am not saying one is superior to another but you need different kind of abilities, in soccer u need more endurance compared to say football where u need more strength.

Back