The UFC Men's Roster Is Down To 375 Active Fighters

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
If you go the website, they have changed the whole fighter database where you can filter the results down by weight class and inactive/active. I found out that the UFC only has about 375 guys now. I can remember several years ago when they probably had 500+ fighters. Things have changed.

WME paid $5 Billion for the UFC, they have been letting go fighters left and right, especially non-marketable high ticket winning fighters. They are also going to purge most of the flyweight division. After this, the league will have roughly 360 male fighters. They are obvious trying to reshuffle some divisions. 155 has 81 active fighters. 170 has 78 active fighters. Between these two divisions, it makes up roughly 45% of the UFC active male fighters.

Maybe something like
145-40 fighters
155-50 fighters
165-50 fighters
175-50 fighters
185-40 fighters
200-40 fighters
HW-40 fighters

What do you think about this?

You seem a little obsessed with removing bantamweight and all women's weight classes in your threads lately.

That’s still a lot of fighters if you keep in consideration that they all want to fight 2-3 times a year.

You seem a little obsessed with removing bantamweight and all women's weight classes in your threads lately.
Lot of posters like that around here. Looking for less fighters, less weight classes, less events.

They want it to back to the good old days of four weight classes, unaired prelims and a card every three months.

20 fights a year... And people wonder why MMA took so long to gain widespread attention.

Each division should have 25 fighters, 30 at the very very most. No more watered down cards.
#makeufccardsgreatagain

Sherdog loves to argue that fighters are underpaid then argue same fighters should be cut.

If you go the website, they have changed the whole fighter database where you can filter the results down by weight class and inactive/active. I found out that the UFC only has about 375 guys now. I can remember several years ago when they probably had 500+ fighters. Things have changed.

WME paid $5 Billion for the UFC, they have been letting go fighters left and right, especially non-marketable high ticket winning fighters. They are also going to purge most of the flyweight division. After this, the league will have roughly 360 male fighters. They are obvious trying to reshuffle some divisions. 155 has 81 active fighters. 170 has 78 active fighters. Between these two divisions, it makes up roughly 45% of the UFC active male fighters.

Maybe something like
145-40 fighters
155-50 fighters
165-50 fighters
175-50 fighters
185-40 fighters
200-40 fighters
HW-40 fighters

What do you think about this?

ufc website was always trash there always 20-30 fighters on the website who were either retired or fighting for a different company.

Back