7 years ago one of the GOAT fights took place (Shogun vs Hendo 1)

BC

Helax
@Gold
Reaction score
2015-07-28-11-35-42__jeti__ID185.jpg

Shogun was fresh off the redemption KO of Forrest Griffin and was looking to get close to another crack at Jon Jones.

RecklessImportantEgg-size_restricted.gif

Hendo had the momentum of his 3 fight KO run in Strikeforce against Fedor, Feijao, and Babalu.
il04CG.gif

This was the second ever scheduled 5 round non title main event and the first one to ever go the distance.

giphy.gif

2.gif

3_medium.gif

4_medium.gif

5_medium.gif

ufc-139-rua-henderson-6.gif

ufc-139-rua-henderson-7.gif

10.gif

11.gif

dan_henderson_vs_mauriciorua_1000477.0.jpg

Personally I had the fight scored a draw but regardless of the outcome it was hands down the best fight I’ve seen in mma.

Hespek for both legends.

Should have been a draw but no doubt top 3 best fights of all time.

Crazy fight indeed.

On the same night Bellator
Chandler Vs Alvarez was also pretty dope too

This fucking fight delivered. Legendary!

Number 4 in my personal all time favorite fights list.

Should have been a draw but no doubt top 3 best fights of all time.

It was a great night of fights, Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler 1 was that night, Cung Le vs Wand delivered, Hendo and Shogun capped it off with an absolute war.

2015-07-28-11-35-42__jeti__ID185.jpg

Shogun was fresh off the redemption KO of Forrest Griffin and was looking to get close to another crack at Jon Jones.

RecklessImportantEgg-size_restricted.gif

Hendo had the momentum of his 3 fight KO run in Strikeforce against Fedor, Feijao, and Babalu.
il04CG.gif

This was the second ever scheduled 5 round non title main event and the first one to ever go the distance.

giphy.gif

2.gif

3_medium.gif

4_medium.gif

5_medium.gif

ufc-139-rua-henderson-6.gif

ufc-139-rua-henderson-7.gif

10.gif

11.gif

dan_henderson_vs_mauriciorua_1000477.0.jpg

Personally I had the fight scored a draw but regardless of the outcome it was hands down the best fight I’ve seen in mma.

Hespek for both legends.

Hendo 10-9
Hendo 10-9
Hendo 10-8
Shogun 9-10
Shogun 8-10

Hendo 47- 46.

Indeed great fight.
I thought Shogun would be the first to KTFO Hendo.

Clearly a draw, great fight!

That was a great weekend for MMA. Wanderlei took out Cung that night.

I also remember Alvarez vs. Chandler was that night as well, which was a crazy fight too.

Crazy fight indeed.

On the same night Bellator
Chandler Vs Alvarez was also pretty dope too

That was a fantastic fight

Link below for those who haven’t watched it:

Still the most dramatic fight I've ever seen. And I think the proper scoring is 47-46.

One of the best fights ever, shame the judges got it wrong. It should have been a draw. Them not giving Shogun a 10-8 round for the 5th when he spent most of the round in mount and Hendo landed almost nothing was just insane.

I think this was a highly overrated fight, as a Shogun fan. It was just mostly a sloppy brawl. Enjoyed his fight vs Machida 1 or Rogerio much more.

Back