News Former M-1 Lightweight Champion, Damir Ismagulov, Signs Contract with UFC

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

16-2 former M-1 Lightweight champion signs contract with the UFC, he apparently has a fight at 155 lined up, and will move down to 145.

And to save you the troubles of the Russian vs Caucasian debate: he is not Dagestani, Chechen, Ingush or even Balkar... he is Kazakh - from a completely different country... but he does train out of Orenburg.

16-2 former M-1 Lightweight champion signs contract with the UFC, he apparently has a fight at 155 lined up, and will move down to 145.

And to save you the troubles of the Russian vs Caucasian debate: he is not Dagestani, Chechen, Ingush or even Balkar... he is Kazakh - from a completely different country... but he does train out of Orenburg.

From the pic you've posted, looks like he has that Lobov style long torso.
<mma4>

Russian Redemption match for McGregor

He can claim the UFC M-1 LW belt

I like all your threads because you’re a Dmitry Bivol fan

I for one welcome our new Soviet overlords.

<Fedor23>

isnt Kazakhstan its own country?

wouldnt call him russian, really...

like ggg isnt russian.

Ggg is half-Russian tho... isn't ethnically Kazakh, at all.

Ethnically , Kazakhs all come from this guy:

upload_2018-11-16_22-47-4.jpeg

TBH, Russians also have enough of his jizz in their veins.
Caucasus guys don't. Or have much less

He's fine, but he didn't beat anyone significant.
I'd prefer to see the "triad" of ACB in LWs - Eduard Vartanyan (cool well-rounded guy), Ali/Oleg Bagov (sub master), and the king - Abdel Aziz Impossiblesurnameov

tenor.gif

Ethnically , Kazakhs all come from this guy:

View attachment 472039

TBH, Russians also have enough of his jizz in their veins.
Caucasus guys don't. Or have much less

Nah, they did genetic testing Russians had no more "Mongol" DNA than eastern Euros.

A lot of "Ghenghis offspring" was a result of political brown nosing, not mass rapes and such.

Nah, they did genetic testing Russians had no more "Mongol" DNA than eastern Euros.

Really? Interesting. Where can I read about it?

A lot of "Ghenghis offspring" was a result of political brown nosing, not mass rapes and such.

Of course no mass rapes.
Genghis had a shitload of wives, concubines and slaves.
And every son/daughter/bastard had certain political power and was actually known to the Mongol world.

Kazakhs, when first established themselves as separate nation (around 400 years ago), felt proud to have their every little chiefs being able to trace their blood up to Genghis. With actual proofs.

Nice addition! They are really going hard with the Russian Prospects

From the pic you've posted, looks like he has that Lobov style long torso.
<mma4>

Much longer arms than Artem. M1 has some deal with the UFC. It is quickly falling behind though. ACB/World Fighting Championship Akhmat will be one next month. Fight Nights Global is in massive debt (owner has been accused of white collar crimes) and will probably join as well in 2019. M1 will be left in the cold. Number of Fight Nights Global fighters have already jumped over to ACB/WFCA.

2019 will be an interesting year for MMA in Russia. Might even see BRAVE (from Bahrain) become part of the mix. WFCA has a deal with them right now. Where Khabib and Ramzan are right now along with Zuba.

Ggg is half-Russian tho... isn't ethnically Kazakh, at all.
well, now were getting into weird... i was born in this country with parents from this country... so.. whatever, guy isnt russian.

i was just stirring shit, anyway.
these convos are kinda stupid. there will never be decisive conclusions... even tho a guy born in kazakhstan will be called russian just cause

Back