How surprised were you when Chael rocked iron chinned prime Anderson?

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
No one had really rocked prime iron chinned Anderson Silva by the time he fought Chael in 2010. He had never been KOd even thought he had fought and won at LHW

Not only did Chael rock Anderson, he knocked him down which eventually led to him getting dominated on the ground until Anderson pulled that sub in the last minute.

How surprised were you to see Chael rock and hurt an iron chinned prime Anderson?

sonnen100_medium_medium.gif

khabib/conor esque cept the ending...

was looking at my dad like whooooaaa wtf lol... shale had me sold on rooting for him leading up to that fight lol.

i but admit, i was surprised. and to this day, i believe, that chael p. sonnen, was the man that cracked andersons chin.

That's what wrestling does. Elevate your striking prowess

I was still relatively new to the sport. (TUF noob)
And Anderson was my favorite fighter.
In my mind he was legendary like a comic book character almost.

That fight shook the foundation of how I look at fights and fighters. It was a great come from behind win but more importantly it taught me that match-ups make fights. And even the best fighters can get there ass kicked.

It was awesome to watch. Yeah I was a little salty about it, just like I was salty when Weidman finally beat him, but I got way more into the sport after that.

Suprised . Like couture vs big Tim , lutter vs eastman etc

i was so surprised!! never seen anything like that before!

Anderson was faking
Just like he faked not being able to sub Shael and then did it in the dying minutes of the fight
<{silvanormal}>

Lol- this is what happens when elite striker fights on heels worried about takedown. A lot of crazy things can happen in MMA bout.Chael isn't even " a good striker "

m96jjd.jpg

No one had really rocked prime iron chinned Anderson Silva by the time he fought Chael in 2010. He had never been KOd even thought he had fought and won at LHW

Not only did Chael rock Anderson, he knocked him down which eventually led to him getting dominated on the ground until Anderson pulled that sub in the last minute.

How surprised were you to see Chael rock and hurt an iron chinned prime Anderson?

sonnen100_medium_medium.gif

<mma4> I was at that fight in person. One of the GOAT MMA events. Chael was a man on fire that night. Was pitching a shut out until Anderson's hail Mary last minute submission.

Chael looked more light on his toes at Middleweight. Prob his greatest performance despite the submission loss.

That was one of the greatest nights ever at buffalo wild wings. Savage. People were getting out of their tables to taunt other tables but it was all in good fun. Alot of dudes who trained mma in the same city but didnt know each other talking mad shit.

giphy.gif

And then the triangle by Anderson at the end

tenor.gif

Who cares about that. I was a million times more surprised by this...

anderson-silva-triangle-submit-chael-sonnen_medium.gif

About the same as when Khabib rocked Conor who has a pretty good chin.

Silva was probably reacting too slow because of the threat of the takedown from Chael.

Back