Israel Adesanya: I can beat Robert Whittaker "wherever I want"

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Unbeaten in four UFC appearances, the 29-year-old hinted that a fifth straight win would catapult him into a title fight against whoever holds the belt after UFC 234 — set to be headlined by Whittaker and American Kelvin Gastelum in Melbourne.

And if Australia’s No.1 fighter successfully defends for a second time?

“Then I beat him wherever I want,” Adesanya shrugged. “If I’m being frank, Rob is lacking defensively and that’s where I’ll take him. And I can do that any way I want.

“I know he’s a fighter who wants to go out there and bust people up, but I’m not a guy you mess with. And once I’m champion, there will be a lot more eyes on this division. I’m the guy making s… happen.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/11...rael-adesanya-robert-whittaker-champion-fight
---------------------------------------
Wouldn't mind seeing that fight. Would rather see Adesanya vs. Borrachinha for the title too as apposed to right now.

NZ vs AU would be interesting in the bar where i'd watch.

This guy getting gobby as fuck after beating Brunson. See how he does against a top contender first.

No you can't.

i'm all in with this guy, might as well give him the title shot after kelvin and whitaker fight.

why the hell not.

He's right.

Israel has a tailor-made style for Whittaker, but Romero molests him.

I think we will see this fight soon.

Whittaker actually never won the undisputed title or defended.

He was promoted to Champion after GSP vacated. His belt wasn’t on the line when he fought Romero the second time because Romero didn’t make weight.

Israel looks to be the real deal but he hasn’t beaten the likes of Romero and Jacare. I think those guys beat Israel.

Of the three, Israel’s best chance to be champion is against Whittaker though.

Israel acts like he's the second coming of Christ, when all he has done is beat bums. I hope Bobby knuckles gives him a well deserved humbling.

Israel looks to be the real deal but he hasn’t beaten the likes of Romero and Jacare. I think those guys beat Israel.

Of the three, Israel’s best chance to be champion is against Whittaker though.
i think he has the best chance at tko'ing jacare. I'm a fan of his, but he was getting pieced up by weidman. i think israel finishes him. Jury's out romero, that guys chin is ridiculous. Agree that he beats robert though.

bobby knucklez would put a beating on this chump.

just make irael fight romero.

i think he has the best chance at tko'ing jacare. I'm a fan of his, but he was getting pieced up by weidman. i think israel finishes him. Jury's out romero, that guys chin is ridiculous. Agree that he beats robert though.

I think a lot of it had to do with Jacare not really respecting and underrating Weidman’s striking. He probably felt he was the better striker and was content.

With Israel, he will fight differently.

I don't doubt him, Whittaker is very hitable and doesn't have a good defense in my opinion, Adesanya is so accurate and fast, could see him winning for sure.

I went to UFC 197, and Whittaker was on the card and even though he won, it was very worrying how a pure BJJ guy was hitting him so easily, over and over, and the fight became a bit of a struggle.

Back