Rafael dos Anjos Training

GordoBarraBJJ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Nick really making Rafa work - the key is going to be speed and movement against Usman

Also clips of him sparring at RVCA under Parillo with Aaron Pico among others.

I think they learned the lesson in the Colby fight movement and speed will get the win.

He is stupid for letting usman know what he is doing

RDA is such a hard worker.

He's beaten up his body with cuts to 155. Great to see him relaxed at WW. But he's short.

He is stupid for letting usman know what he is doing
Well it's not secret what Usman is pretty much going to do. Working his sprawl and speed.

I hope Parillo has him using a jab more, movement and setting up combos then stepping out (at least early).

Big RDA fan but I don't see good things coming out of a Usman match up after how he handled himself with Covington I don't trust him to handle another strong wrestler...

Fight will look almost identical to his fight against Khabib. Mark my words.

RDA is a wet firecracker. Inconsistent, jack of all trades. He could get knocked out, or he could win a decision, other than that, meh. Yawn stretch, back to bed.

Big RDA fan but I don't see good things coming out of a Usman match up after how he handled himself with Covington I don't trust him to handle another strong wrestler...

We'll see I have faith in RDA with this being a 5 rounder(I believe). Only 5 rounder Usmans been in is the Maia fight and though I haven't seen it, most Maia fights where he loses convincingly end up being him get easily stuffed after shooting for gas takedowns with no setup so I doubt that really tested Usmans cardio. You know win or lose if RDA shows up at his best, Usmans cardio will be pushed.

Is he training with Jason Parillo aswell?

I feel so bad for RDA knowing how much this means to him & that he is probably going to get wrestlefucked by Usman, who is a better version of Covington, ending RDA's dream of becoming a double-champ.
<DCrying>

RDA is a wet firecracker. Inconsistent, jack of all trades. He could get knocked out, or he could win a decision, other than that, meh. Yawn stretch, back to bed.
giphy.webp

Yet you took the time to post all that.

Too small for Usman, no way RDA can beat him, he will be ragdolled for 25 minutes. After that, Usman gets the winner of Woodley vs Covington

yeah, hasn't Usman been wrestling for years and years? i like RDA, but doubt a few plyometric drills can really get your TDD where it needs to be

he's going to need to show better lateral footwork than he did against colby if he wants to be able to beat usman. I'm hoping RDA can pull it off.

Back