Mike Perry distances himself from Coach Winkeljohn in the wake of ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone loss

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

“Frank ‘The Tank’ will still be a part of my team,” Perry told Submission Radio. “I got Julian Williams and I’m looking for – I don’t know who the third person that’s going to fill that spot is. I mean, does it have to be Winkeljohn? We just don’t click like that. I want to be around Frank ‘The Tank’. I want to be around Julian Williams. You know, being around Coach Wink I’m like, ahhh. I like him, he’s a great guy, but he knows that we didn’t click like that. We didn’t spend tremendous amounts of time together learning from one another.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

#Thesehoesaintloyal

After Winklejohn released that embarrassing video on instagram where he looked like he just finished sniffing glue and went on a rant against Cerrone, I'm not surprised.

Last edited:
So its official the future of this gym rests on the GOATs hands
<JonesLaugh>

Lmao Perry has derailed that entire gym. What the fuck does the energy feel like in there now? Divided cliques? Awkward. War cowboy. Took that arm. Took that gym spirit

Plastic is already shifting the blame lol.

Yikes, Wink chose Perry over Cowboy and now Perry's leaving him too.. Tough times for the Jackson-Wink gym. Never really understood that decision anyway, Platinum doesn't seem to be the most coachable fighter, to say the least.

Lmao Perry has derailed that entire gym. What the fuck does the energy feel like in there now? Divided cliques? Awkward. War cowboy. Took that arm. Took that gym spirit

It's clear it's not just him. People thought it was out of bounds for Cerrone to attack him on the JRE, but it's clear that there has been problems there since Jackson stepped back and Winklejohn started looking to do anything for an extra buck. His current staff says it all. Clear he's hiring cheap coaches over a quality team.

I think it has more to do with Jackson not really working there anymore. He seemed to be the guy that got everyone to get along well.

I think it has more to do with Jackson not really working there anymore. He seemed to be the guy that got everyone to get along well.
God I'm out of the look has Greg Jackson left his own gym!!?

God I'm out of the look has Greg Jackson left his own gym!!?

I think he stopped being the head coach at Jackson-Wink 2-4 years ago don't remember the exact year but it's been a while. Most of the drama at Jackson-Wink seems to have happened after Jackson stopped being the head coach.

Before that the only drama from that camp was when they brought in GSP and Sanchez got a bit upset, but that didn't turn out to be a big deal and the Jones and Rashad situation which was a pretty big deal. Those were the only 2 times I can think of issues like that happened while Jackson was coaching.

He maybe comes back with that hot blonde coach that he used to train with... :oops:

I don't care for that gym at all, but Perry isn't the brightest either. To me Perry would be the worst guy to coach since his IQ isn't very high to say the least.

Jones most definitely had some influence on Perry landing the knee to the asshole from inside the guard.

Greg Jacksons used to be the cream of the crop... kinda sad to see it fizzle out like this

Mike Perry has no one to blame for shooting in for that take down. That's was some straight short bus fight IQ.

Luckily for Perry a new fight organization has emerged where he can showcase his talent.

Back