10 years ago - UFC 91: Lesnar beat Couture

AimedWithV

Double Yellow Card
@Silver
Reaction score
Yes, yes.
10 years passed.

2-1 in MMA, 1-1 in the UFC. Got the title shot everyone considered unwarranted.
Claimed Couture doesn't want hard fight against the interim champ, Big Nog.
After back and forth 1st round, Lesnar knocked down Randy and finished him with hammerfists.

Here is picture of Lesnar stopping Randy takedown by grabbing the fence:

What else happened there?
1. The nerdiest fight ever - between these two:
hazellet-barncat.jpg

2. The debut of future champion, Rafael dos Anjos.
Got KTFO by Little Heathen after back and forth fight.

hqdefault.jpg

Dustin hazelett had some cool subs back in the day. Paul Daley deaded him though.

Yeah, and then he said that:
https://www.fiveouncesofpain.com/2010/01/03/paul-daley-f-your-humility/

One of the worst people ever to fight in MMA. One of the dirtiest.
Idk,

Apparently the comments were in reference to someone from Hazelett’s camp saying that Daley needed to learn a lesson in humility. Something the outspoken knockout artist seems in no particular hurry to do.

I'm on Daley's side on this one.

And on punching Koscheck after the bell.

"I'm just a jacked white boy. Deal with it." -Kenny Florian

Yes, yes.
10 years passed.

2-1 in MMA, 1-1 in the UFC. Got the title shot everyone considered unwarranted.
Claimed Couture doesn't want hard fight against the interim champ, Big Nog.
After back and forth 1st round, Lesnar knocked down Randy and finished him with hammerfists.

Here is picture of Lesnar stopping Randy takedown by grabbing the fence:

What else happened there?
1. The nerdiest fight ever - between these two:
hazellet-barncat.jpg

2. The debut of future champion, Rafael dos Anjos.
Got KTFO by Little Heathen after back and forth fight.

hqdefault.jpg
Damn this is one of the rare moments where instead of thinking " I can't believe it's been 10 years" I'm actually thinking the opposite, thought it was longer.

<Fedor23>

Everyone's thinking it but I said it.

I'd understand if he told him to fight him again, on the gym, on the street whatever.
But after the fight, to come to him from behind, touch his shoulder like you wanna say something and then to land a swing?
How cowardly can THAT be?

F*ck 10 years already ?

I remember like if it was yesterday. Also around that time Mousasi won the dream MW GP... times flies.

I was always a Couture fan, seemed like a nice guy, kind of a 'peoples champion', had some true grit as well.

I was always a Couture fan, seemed like a nice guy, kind of a 'peoples champion', had some true grit as well.

And the underdog who always overcame it:
No known weaknesses Belfort, young wrestler Randleman, perfect TDD Chuck, young wrestler Tito, giant lethal Sylvia, young hungry strong Gonzaga - he has always been the underdog.

And the underdog who always overcame it:
No known weaknesses Belfort, young wrestler Randleman, perfect TDD Chuck, young wrestler Tito, giant lethal Sylvia, young hungry strong Gonzaga - he has always been the underdog.
I was always conflicted Vs Vitor, as I was a huge Vitor fan from the beginning, if only for his roid-fuelled explosiveness.

Randy was almost 45 and had spent a long time sitting out prior to this fight. Not saying he would've beat Brock otherwise, but Randy two years earlier and without the rust would've had a better shot.

Randy was almost 45 and had spent a long time sitting out prior to this fight. Not saying he would've beat Brock otherwise, but Randy two years earlier and without the rust would've had a better shot.

And it was a good fight. Not usual Lesnar dominance at all.
First round was back and forth: Lesnar scored a TD and could do nothing, Couture could've scored a TD as well but Lesnar grabbed the cage.
Second round - well, good knockdown by Lesnar on the feet, kudos to him. Lesnar's standup has been slightly underrated and surprising.

Wow 10 years ago!!!! its crazy how fast time goes, it doesn't feel that long, a few years max.

By learning a big lesson in the first fight with Mir, who was getting smashed up until the desperate sumission, Lesner with no significant training in MMA, Lesner beat Couture in a good fight, and then smoked Mir in dominant fashion. The salad days of the great Brock Lesner.

Back