Commissions need to rule fights No Contest more often

Alpha_T83

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'm expecting another eye poke win by Ponzinibbio. The reality of MMA is that things happen so quickly, it's nearly impossible for referees to spot some things. And even if refs do spot eye pokes, they often just warn the fighter. Jackson-Wink MMA were famous for coaching their fighters to intentionally use "free fouls", as first-offenses are basically never penalized.

Athletic Commissions should rule FAR MORE fights No Contest (NC) if a foul adversely affects the outcome of a fight. At first this might be a mess, causing many NCs -- but fighters will learn they can't just use free fouls whenever they want.

Expecting referees to notice everything and make the right calls is unrealistic. The ACs need to take a far more aggressive approach on penalizing obvious/repeated fouls.

Imagine intentionally fouling as a strategy?

They need to start taking points on first infractions if the fouls are egregious enough, and if dudes can't stop eye poking DQ them.

Hell this foul nonsense even corrupted DC.
I dont think ive ever seen him use eyepokes but in the Stipe fight he certainly used it to his advantage. Took some notes from Johnny Bones-the king of eyepokes.

We see eyepokes and nut shots all the time and I can’t remember the last time I saw a point taken. It obviously affects the outcome.
Also, the stalling bullshit via Yair needs to stop.

No contests don’t make the bookies any money.

my uncle and I were watching old Shaq highlights. The hack a shaq strategy, while technically "legal", is straight up bullshit. cant stop him through the rules of the game? use the rules and the fact he cannot shoot free throws to gain an advantage.

fighters use this same mentality of cheating until they are warned a few times. the first time the fence is grabbed a point should be deducted, they are professionals. and lets not get started on nut shots, pants grabbing and eye pokes.

No more NCs aren't needed, more point deductions are.
In a 3 round fight losing a point makes a massive difference.

It is slightly better now. It used to be so bad with Jones. It was stand at distance and get stomped in the knees or try to close the distance to get fingers in the eyes. Refs will now warn for open hand but they will still let the first foul slide.

Hell this foul nonsense even corrupted DC.
I dont think ive ever seen him use eyepokes but in the Stipe fight he certainly used it to his advantage. Took some notes from Johnny Bones-the king of eyepokes.
Him and Stipe traded Eyepokes and the finish came over a minute after the break in the action in which time Stipe showed no adverse effects from it such as excessive blinking or rubbing at his eye and was actually doing quite well landing good shots and even hurting DC to the point his ankle rolled over right before the clinch and ill advised hands dropped exit from it that got him caught by a shot he never saw coming and never would have seen coming had the poke never happened.

I've been on the Stipe wagon from day one and was surprised DC got that win but it had nothing to do with the eyepoke, if you want to call DC a cheater "towelgate" is the only real example out there.

What the fuck man, calm down. I wasnt attacking DC in anyway or even said anything like the win was due to the eyepoke or that hes a cheater.

I said he poked him in the eye and ive never seen him do that before. You went off on a tangent like i attacked your lover or something.

Him and Stipe traded Eyepokes and the finish came over a minute after the break in the action in which time Stipe showed no adverse effects from it such as excessive blinking or rubbing at his eye and was actually doing quite well landing good shots and even hurting DC to the point his ankle rolled over right before the clinch and ill advised hands dropped exit from it that got him caught by a shot he never saw coming and never would have seen coming had the poke never happened.

I've been on the Stipe wagon from day one and was surprised DC got that win but it had nothing to do with the eyepoke, if you want to call DC a cheater "towelgate" is the only real example out there.

What the fuck man, calm down. I wasnt attacking DC in anyway or even said anything like the win was due to the eyepoke or that hes a cheater.

I said he poked him in the eye and ive never seen him do that before. You went off on a tangent like i attacked your lover or something.
Lol, sorry, my bad. I actually don't even care for DC much but winning that fight was something special and I'm saying that as a Stipe fan so seeing people constantly trying to claim he only won because he intentionally cheated has started to annoy me since I in no way beileve thats the case here.

Your post was just the one that finally pushed me over the edge and I couldn't not respond.

Nothing personal against you bro, you seem like a good dude and even though you did kind of insult me there at least you were a little clever about it and backed it up with an explanation so cheers.

Its all good bro, my bad if i insulted you. Hey, you wouldnt happen to know how i can find out where this yellow card came from would you? Off topic but i didnt get a notice, email or anything.

Lol, sorry, my bad. I actually don't even care for DC much but winning that fight was something special and I'm saying that as a Stipe fan so seeing people constantly trying to claim he only won because he intentionally cheated has started to annoy me since I in no way beileve thats the case here.

Your post was just the one that finally pushed me over the edge and I couldn't not respond.

Nothing personal against you bro, you seem like a good dude and even though you did kind of insult me there at least you were a little clever about it and backed it up with an explanation so cheers.

Its all good bro, my bad if i insulted you. Hey, you wouldnt happen to know how i can find out where this yellow card came from would you? Off topic but i didnt get a notice, email or anything.

No worries, it was mild and I'm not very thin skinned so it didn't bother me, haha.

No idea dude, I haven't had one since my first month here. If I recall correctly I think I got an e-mail though.

Back