So Magny is a 2.5 / 1 Underdog -- am I missing something sherbros?

ArmenianAssasin

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
seems like a pick em fight for me? I can easily see Magny winning with a combo of top control and clincing

going to be in vegas for the weekend thinking of dropping some serious $$ on this -- what am I missing?

Ponz was being taken down by Perry and gassed in round 3 -- his biggest win was against Gunny after blatantly poking him the eye

Magny has done really well against anyone who isn't a top level ground fighter (Maia/RDA)

not counting Larkenz cuz he lit up both guys

Ponz has perfected his spear jab eyepokes brah

If magny wears

18332902-african-american-man-goggles-burning-man.jpg

He's got this.

Magny usually gets hurt at some point in fights especially against power punchers like Ponzinibbio is. Not to mention Ponzinibbio won't gas trying to finish him and has really good cardio himself.

Magny is also too weak to take him down or control him in the clinch.

yeah this is strange.

i have magny beating ponz.

I was thinking the same. People forget Magny has quality wins over people like Gastelum, Condit and our sweet, precious little baby, Erik Silva.

And there is no shame in his losses to Maia, Larkin and RDA.

if it was a 3 round fight i'd go with Magny, i think Ponz fights at a measured rhythm and eventually overwhelms Magny on the feet

he's a living dog though, for sure

Usually Magny wins by being tough. He usually takes a beating and tries to come back. He sorta doesn't do anything in an elite fashion but he is well rounded.

Magny usually gets hurt at some point in fights especially against power punchers like Ponzinibbio is. Not to mention Ponzinibbio won't gas trying to finish him and has really good cardio himself.

Magny is also too weak to take him down or control him in the clinch.

power puncher? he is not a power puncher, hes good and all that but not a power puncher.
and magny did very well in the clinch and grappling against gastelum so hes pretty damn good there. gas tank for days as well. it should be an even fight or close to it.

Why people say Magny is going to outgrapple Ponzi? Ponzi is a bjj black belt* while Magny isn't.
* - unproven grappling skills thus far, does seem to prefer striking.

Why people say Magny is going to outgrapple Ponzi? Ponzi is a bjj black belt* while Magny isn't.

Hasn’t look good in any fight on the ground

Ponzinibbio will eye poke Magny and win.

eye pokes should be a point off the first time. this shit has been going on way too long. same with cage grabbing. they are professionals and they know the rules.

Good fight. Hope eye pokes don't rear their head and we get a fair fight.

Ponz too much power
Bookies think there’s no way he’s not finishing magny

I thought the odds would be closer, but yes that’s a bit steep

Still don’t think Magny will win tho

power puncher? he is not a power puncher, hes good and all that but not a power puncher.
and magny did very well in the clinch and grappling against gastelum so hes pretty damn good there. gas tank for days as well. it should be an even fight or close to it.

He is definitely a power puncher. He knocked out Gunnar and Court McGee who is actually extremely durable. His power isn't off the charts like Mike Perry or Lawler, but he definitely has more than enough to knock Magny out.

Also Magny doesn't react very well to pressure and doesn't have the power to keep a pressure fighter like Ponzinibbio off him. He might be able to use his reach but I think Ponz finds his chin sooner or later.

court mcgee ko was good yes, but that gunnar win was pretty bad.it was as blatant a foul as u can get which clearly affected the outcome of the fight. truthfully id pick alot of the top 10 to beat him and i give magny a real chance here. 50/50 . my definition of a power puncher is much different than this

Back