Where does Raquel Pennington go from here?

Natesblackshirt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My dad referred to her as the Pillsberry doughgirl she looked so soft against GDR. She’s a natural 125’er and now that they have her division she doesn’t seem like she’s even taking the sport seriously while being given main event and main card slots other hard working fighters are missing out on.

She deserves one more chance if that and then needs to be cut. There are hungry fighters that actually want to be here.

Edit: my dad said GDR was hot as well
<{clintugh}>

Yeah I was thinking that during the snooze fest with GDR. She needs to take her career serious and lay off the donuts, go down to 125

Dana likes her, she's not going anywhere. Curran went 1-6 in UFC to be cut. Raquel is 6-4.
She just needs some time off and a step down in competition. Give her Talita Bernardo or Gina Mazany.

PS: She walks around 170+ lbs, she's not a 125er

She is tough gate keeper material. She always been a gate keeper until she got the retirement win over Miesha.

My dad referred to her as the Pillsberry doughgirl she looked so soft against GDR. She’s a natural 125’er and now that they have her division she doesn’t seem like she’s even taking the sport seriously while being given main event and main card slots other hard working fighters are missing out on.

She deserves one more chance if that and then needs to be cut. There are hungry fighters that actually want to be here.

Edit: my dad said GDR was hot as well
<{clintugh}>
GDR is hot *maybe * from the neck down. Perhaps.

But that kinda doesn't cut it. Just my view.

Good muay Thai though. Thumbs up.

Pennington is a tough fighter. Gives a lot of opponents problems. But she's not elite. Respect to her, she max'd what she has.

Also show me a pic of your mom and we will compare with GDR

Meh she's peaked. Meisha straight up gave her the win out of a lack of drive and with that worked her way to a title shot she didn't have much business in. Dropping down wouldn't help much, she's not very athletic or anything. She had a decent run. Do you really think she could keep up with valentina at 125?

Stright to my house. I'll help her lose that gut real quick

GDR is hot *maybe * from the neck down. Perhaps.

But that kinda doesn't cut it. Just my view.

Good muay Thai though. Thumbs up.

Pennington is a tough fighter. Gives a lot of opponents problems. But she's not elite. Respect to her, she max'd what she has.
That’s pretty much exactly what he was saying I was like why are you talking to me about WMMA after the Zombie KO and
<bball1>

She is tough gate keeper material. She always been a gate keeper until she got the retirement win over Miesha.

It seems to me that she overrelies on her toughness. It used to be one of those, "oh she has a spotty record, but she's got some sick wins and she's very hard to look good against." I go in for that. I often am impressed with fighters who, even when they lose, tend to make it a close, tough fight. Mike Pierce comes to mind (pre-Rousimar bout).

But having lost in lopsided fights to beasts (champ and former champ) Nunes and GDR, it's clear that she has a certain ceiling and it will take some refinement and improvement to hang with the best in the division- either at 135 or 125.

Always been a fan of hers though. She's definitely got a good mentality and she's pretty well-rounded.

I also think her fiancee is a sick, underrated 115er. Tecia is one of the few strawweights to have faced off against Andrade and not gotten shellacked.

Doubt her ever being a champion... but a contender. Would like to see her get on a good training regiment and not look so out of shape ( she did miss weight ). Needs a top 10-15 opponent to regain that confidence.

That’s pretty much exactly what he was saying I was like why are you talking to me about WMMA after the Zombie KO and
<bball1>
Hey man

Sorry I'm a bit tired, lotta late nights, and late to this thread.
When you say "exactly what he was saying" who do you mean? Just trying to understand etc.

Respect and all that good jazz.

It seems to me that she overrelies on her toughness. It used to be one of those, "oh she has a spotty record, but she's got some sick wins and she's very hard to look good against." I go in for that. I often am impressed with fighters who, even when they lose, tend to make it a close, tough fight. Mike Pierce comes to mind (pre-Rousimar bout).

But having lost in lopsided fights to beasts (champ and former champ) Nunes and GDR, it's clear that she has a certain ceiling and it will take some refinement and improvement to hang with the best in the division- either at 135 or 125.

Always been a fan of hers though. She's definitely got a good mentality and she's pretty well-rounded.

I also think her fiancee is a sick, underrated 115er. Tecia is one of the few strawweights to have faced off against Andrade and not gotten shellacked.
I think you are right. I believe she can get in shape all she wants but technically she reached her ceiling. She is what she is and there isn't much change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back