How surprised were you when Anderson rocked iron chinned prime Hendo?

• Thread starter Deleted member 549255
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 549255

No one had really rocked prime iron chinned Dan Henderson by the time he fought Silva in 2008. He had never been KOd even thought he had fought and won at HW (1-1 with Big Nog).

Not only did Anderson rock Hendo, he had him panic wrestling which eventually led to him getting dominated on the ground until the RNC.

How surprised were you to see Silva rock and hurt an iron chinned prime Hendo?

02998AD1-EC5C-4D62-BF49-B9E6661F0C3D.gif
95C2A1B8-023F-4F58-AA9C-FDB30E4C2DBC.gif

Not surprised by that one. Anderson didn't KO people with power, he KO'd them by catching them with well-timed strikes that land on the button and often aren't seen coming. People with good chins but questionable movement often get KOd by guys like who throw strikes like that. Leben had a great chin too.

Anderson Silva had power, so I'm not surprised. As granite-chinned as Henderson was, he still could get hurt.

But look, he didn't go out, which is a testament to his durability.

Man! Henderson and Jackson have some of the best chins ever!

I was just as impressed with Anderson's chin in that fight.

He ate some legit H-bombs on the ground in the 1st round and didn't flinch at shots that would've decapitated 95% of fighters

I also remember Anderson's fight against knockout puncher Jorge Rivera, where Andy was literally letting Jorge punch him in the face a dozen times and just laughed at him. The Anderson that lost to Weidman was not even 20% of prime Silva, he was an unmotivated shell of himself...

Was seriously like...

giphy.gif

Thought Silva might win but figured it would have been a decision

I had a cash bet with my friend, whom I was watching it live with, & I bet on Anderson, so not only was I not surprised motherf*@&er, but I was jumping up & rubbing it in his face at about that point

giphy.gif

Hendo had possibly the greatest chin in all of mma.

This fight was crazy, one of the first superfights.

He ate some legit H-bombs on the ground in the 1st round and didn't flinch at shots that would've decapitated 95% of fighters

From what i recall, Hendo didn't land much on the ground. He landed a couple bombs standing that Anderson just shrugged off though

Hendo-vs-Newton.gif

Don't make assumptions based on Wiki. Saying "Hendo had never been rocked before" is completely incorrect

Anderson Silva had power, so I'm not surprised. As granite-chinned as Henderson was, he still could get hurt.

But look, he didn't go out, which is a testament to his durability.

Man! Henderson and Jackson have some of the best chins ever!
Come to think about it......after getting hurt those two times by Wanderlei, Rampages chin went to strength again! Despite facing some powerful guys.

I had a cash bet with my friend, whom I was watching it live with, & I bet on Anderson, so not only was I not surprised motherf*@&er, but I was jumping up & rubbing it in his face at about that point

giphy.gif

My buddy bet me $50 that Forrest was gonna beat Silva.

He never paid up!

suprised hendo h bomb had no effect on silva

silva toyed with dan like a lion with his fresh kill

i was way more surprised when pillow fisted bisping wobbled anderson

UnawareBowedChinchilla-size_restricted.gif

and when just as pillow fisted chael nearly knocked anderson out

eq0w63yk1dvz.gif

Yeah, i see in that gif hendo got kicked with a kick but cant tell he got rocked by that kick.

Less surprised than when pillow fist Sonnen dropped prime Anderson like a sack of hammers

Back