Anderson’s losses against Weidman not aging well

PrideJitZoo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Weidman’s downfall really questioning Silva’s legacy in hindsight IMO. Weidman has shown to be an average fighter and not a “generational talent” as we once thought he was. I think this reinforces what MMA scholars have been preaching all along in that Silva fought below average fighters throughout his whole career and that his accomplishments should not be held to the same regard as the likes of GSP who fought killers throughout his whole career.

Shut up dude, Anderson was clowning and got caught the first time and the second time his fucking leg broke midfight. All of weidmans losses have been against top competition.

Compared to your bum ass getting subbed by a 115lb girl. Fuck TS.

Lol the Chris isn't aging well

<6>

Neither is your loss to the 115 lb female

Neither does your loss to 105 pound chick

Yeah weidman proved to be a bust. What does that make Anderson?

<{silvanormal}>

Some argue he was winning or at least "in" each of those fights... Not like he was getting knocked out by bums...

Silva is a legend of the sport no matter how Chris' career has turned out... Is Normal.

<{silvanormal}>

On the other hand, TS getting tapped by a 115lb girl never gets old.

I was thinking about how differently history would have gone if Travis Lutter had been in better shape.

It is what it is, though.

Anderson won that fight just like the Weiner won both of their fights.

Not gonna lie bro, it takes courage to stay on this site after getting subbed by that girl. You will never live that down.

Honestly I respect that. You keep coming forward

Shut up dude, Anderson was clowning and got caught the first time and the second time his fucking leg broke midfight. All of weidmans losses have been against top competition.

I've got nothing against Anderson... aside from PEDs. legend of sport.

But he clowned in every fight prior and didn't get KO'd. Also, his leg didn't break itself.

Wiedman is a great fighter until he runs out of energy. This fact was somewhat masked when he fought older generation and lower ranked fighters but the signs have always been there.

I'm going to fight Jon Jones and I'll be sure to clown so when I lose I will have a great excuse

I was thinking about how differently history would have gone if Travis Lutter had been in better shape.

It is what it is, though.

Anderson won that fight just like the Weiner won both of their fights.
This is certainly interesting.

IIRC (but it's been nearly a dozen years, Christ almighty), Lutter was winning the fight and had Silva mounted with G&P before he gassed out.

Silva's been on the receiving end of a few lucky breaks (no pun intended). Coté's knee going out, Sonnen letting himself get caught in a triangle when he was minutes away from winning, Sonnen not complaining about the shorts grab and his spinning back fist in the rematch, Derek Brunson decision, etc.

Chris won because he was a better fighter at that time. It was obvious that Anderson can't take a shot anymore. I am a big fan of Silva but I cringed when everytime weidman touched him in the rematch; the leg break was a wtf moment that prevented the eventual knockout

Weidman’s downfall really questioning Silva’s legacy in hindsight IMO. Weidman has shown to be an average fighter and not a “generational talent” as we once thought he was. I think this reinforces what MMA scholars have been preaching all along in that Silva fought below average fighters throughout his whole career and that his accomplishments should not be held to the same regard as the likes of GSP who fought killers throughout his whole career.

GSP fought “killers”?
LOL no.

Omg
Fitch, Kos, Alves...

Back