Dirge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
And yet there are still people wondering why 125 is being folded

UFC 174 - 115k
UFC 186 - 125k
UFC 191 - 115k

Only nunes has a lower one (85k at UFC 215)

His numbers are The lowest since The 2004 era.

The only card that Johnson headlined that did North of 200k also had McGregor on it....

Under that logic, is ww next?

Wasn't ww champs last fight sub 200s?

With no promotion and shitty co mains that has to add to the crap buy rates.
I like Mighty Mouse, one of the greats.

Their was no need for 125 to begin with, it was a division of rejects at 135 who couldn’t get by Dominick and get the belt. No surprise the division didn’t exactly blossom

If the champ not being a ppv draw means they should close the divisions then bantamweight, welterweight and the women's divisions are next, right?

Their was no need for 125 to begin with, it was a division of rejects at 135 who couldn’t get by Dominick and get the belt. No surprise the division didn’t exactly blossom

I think the idea was that there were a bunch of fighters significantly smaller than Dominick Cruz who deserved to fight people their own size. That's the reason for every division.

It's crazy that you need more than 8 of these events to bring in as much money as 1 event with Conor.

With no promotion and shitty co mains that has to add to the crap buy rates.
I like Mighty Mouse, one of the greats.
Fuck that no promotion. They devoted an ENTIRE season of TUF to just him and still nobody cared. The UFC tried to promote DJ but the audience didn’t care. They tried and tried until it was time to stop trying.

Yes he is a great amazing fighter, but business is business. He lost the title so time to shut down shop on the least popular division. WME/UFC would not be shutting dow 125 if it was profitable. Obviously 125 is not bringing in money so why keep it around?

Last edited:

UFC 174 - 115k
UFC 186 - 125k
UFC 191 - 115k

The only card that Johnson headlined that did North of 200k also had McGregor on it....
didn't nunes get a 85K ppv?

We're continuing to beat this down even with the division being scrapped. That weight class was a hard sell. DJ was dominant which to an extent hurt sales because nobody believed he would lose to anyone in the division. There was a time when he headlined when the main event got scrapped. Other times when he headlined but not much on the under card. DJ needed an equal to really push him. Dobson looked he could be that but wasn't . Cejuda beats him second time around and you expect a 3rd fight which could sell bet we're not going to see that.

UFC 174 - 115k
UFC 186 - 125k
UFC 191 - 115k

Nobodies wondering why,the people complaining (including myself minus the complaints) would just rather they didn't.I also don't like the fact that a lot of real good fly's could fight at 135 in the UFC but won't get the chance.

...but he have the highest ppv buys of his division

Remember that one guy that tried to make "Trious" stick as a nickname?

So, so bad.

I will be honest and say nobody really knew much about sub 135 fighters. Nobody here was watching Tachi palace or watching shooto. Only reason 135 and 145 became popular is when UFC bought WEC.

If the champ not being a ppv draw means they should close the divisions then bantamweight, welterweight and the women's divisions are next, right?
They can get rid of everything below 145 and the women's divisions in their entirety (sans some marquee fights at 135/145) and it would help tremendously. Too many fighters to familiarize with the audience and hosting events that literally aren't worth the channel flip. It didn't used to be like this, but I'm sure the UFC has pressure to release more and more content in the long run. Great for their wallets and TV deals, but watered down fights for us.

Who cares? I don't have UFC shares, i'm a consumer and i buy cards i want to see. DJ made 3/4 million dollars in his last 2 fights. Now he's getting paid bank by One. Good for him. How you doing?

Back