Costa vs Adesanya for #1 contender?

Costa is gonna get erased. Izzy is quite possibly the most advanced striker in MW at the moment.

Big fan of Israel.

He's got loads of potential. His striking is obviously elite, but what has impressed me the most in his last couple fights was his TDD.

I think Adesanya is better than Costa.

Costa would probably be a decent fighter at best if he wasn't juiced to the gills like he clearly is.

And what is Romero? Chopped liver?
if Gastelum wins then I think Yoel should get a shot but if Robert wins someone else should get the shot ,despite the 2nd fight being razor thin and you could argue either guy winning the fight

I'm fine with those two fighting but jacare already had his shot at Whittaker and got ktfo'd

No reason to think a rematch would go any differently
What fight did you watch? I remember the fight being stopped when Jacare rolled over to his knees and was about to get to his feet. I don't remember seeing him get "ktfo'd."

I think the smart business choice is to match these two up against fighters who already have an established name. They should both be fighting one of Rockhold, Jacare or Romero.

Last edited:
What fight did you watch. I remember the fight being stopped when Jacare rolled over to his knees and was about to get to his feet. I don't remember seeing him get "ktfo'd."

Whittaker won both both rounds and finished jacare. Where is the confusion?

Jacare is tough as hell and didn't go Out completely but he lost in dominant fashion

I hate when they pit undefeated prospects against each other when they’re so close to title contention. That just guarantees than one 0 has to go—at the worst possible time.

If I was champ I would want to face as many undefeated contenders as I could. It’s good from a standpoint of marketability, and it’s good for a champ’s legacy.

I'm fine with those two fighting but jacare already had his shot at Whittaker and got ktfo'd

No reason to think a rematch would go any differently
I mean.. it could go differe tly though lol

if Gastelum wins then I think Yoel should get a shot but if Robert wins someone else should get the shot ,despite the 2nd fight being razor thin and you could argue either guy winning the fight

romero should keep getting title shots until he wins. At least that's what some people think.

If jacare wasn't close to 40 then sure it could. He is at the end of his career.

Romero is 40 lol.. jacare has the tools to beat whittaker. Hes a tough dude also. Whether he does or not is hard to say.. and im not convinced he can either but to act like there is zero reason for him to fight for the title is a bit naive..

Romero is 40 lol.. jacare has the tools to beat whittaker. Hes a tough dude also. Whether he does or not is hard to say.. and im not convinced he can either but to act like there is zero reason for him to fight for the title is a bit naive..

I'd say Romero is pretty much unique

Also jacare is 2-2 in his last four and is on a scorching one fight win streak and lost to Whittaker already

Now you have a one fight win streak and you get a title shot?

<{JustBleed}>

Adesanya deads him in 2

Romero vs Costa
Jacare vs Adesanya

Can't just ignore Romero and Jacare, especially since they are ranked ahead of Izzy and All Natty Paulo Costa

Back