Rankings

Allingtonskates

i do this shit with no effort
@purple
Reaction score
I don't know who does the rankings but it would be nice if people didn't have to fight top 15 fighters to make the top 15 list. when there are fighters that are on 4,5 or 6 fight win streaks they should get to be ranked. would make it easier for them to get higher ranked fighters in future and would make divisions more interesting faster. this could help minimise the higher ranked fighters ducked other fighters purely because they're unranked. could be a stupid idea :D but would be fun if it happened.

Does anyone really care about UFC's joke of a ranking system?

I totally agree it would make winning fighters undeniable. To the ones that say i dont care about the rankings. but if you dont care if the rankings are rigged you cant complain about underserved titleshots well because you dont care about the ranking and since the justification for titleshots is often excused by rigged rankings its a direct connection.

Rankings work only in a stacked division

The whole notion of rankings is ridiculous and pointless. Should be completely scrapped by the UFC.

I totally agree it would make winning fighters undeniable. To the ones that say i dont care about the rankings. but if you dont care if the rankings are rigged you cant complain about underserved titleshots well because you dont care about the ranking and since the justification for titleshots is often excused by rigged rankings its a direct connection.
this is what I mean bc there are some elite level fighters that are unranked.

Rankings are a necessity in the fight game but for the most part are subjective. The USA today rankings are probably the most recognized rankings (it's not UFC only) and I find their opinions/ranks are pretty accurate but thats one man's opinion.

Rankings are a necessity in the fight game but for the most part are subjective. The USA today rankings are probably the most recognized rankings (it's not UFC only) and I find their opinions/ranks are pretty accurate but thats one man's opinion.
Im not saying take them out. I mean like you can fight unranked fighters to make the rankings. a few have got in without fighting top 15 but it should be more common.

Im not saying take them out. I mean like you can fight unranked fighters to make the rankings. a few have got in without fighting top 15 but it should be more common.
I know what you were saying and your point---- was just adding my " oh, btw - my 2 cents on the general rankings topic".
I agree with , for most part, what you posted. Again, a good percentage of rankings are subjective so alot more match ups should come from the " open minded " p.o.v

it would be nice if people didn't have to fight top 15 fighters to make the top 15 list.

WTF did i just read? How can you be ranked in the top 15 if you dont fight the top 15? What?

Rankings don't matter

WTF did i just read? How can you be ranked in the top 15 if you dont fight the top 15? What?
How are you gonna fight a top 15 guy if people dont want to fight you. Zabit basically is in the rankings because so many people said hell no.

I don't know who does the rankings but it would be nice if people didn't have to fight top 15 fighters to make the top 15 list. when there are fighters that are on 4,5 or 6 fight win streaks they should get to be ranked.
So under your theory, you can string together a streak of 20 wins against cans and you should be ranked? Sorry, but that doesn't work. The level of your opponents matters in determining a ranking, as it should. Otherwise you end up with people thinking Fedor is god...

I don't know who does the rankings but it would be nice if people didn't have to fight top 15 fighters to make the top 15 list. when there are fighters that are on 4,5 or 6 fight win streaks they should get to be ranked. would make it easier for them to get higher ranked fighters in future and would make divisions more interesting faster. this could help minimise the higher ranked fighters ducked other fighters purely because they're unranked. could be a stupid idea :D but would be fun if it happened.
You just described how the current UFC rankings work. LOL

I don't get why there are 15 either. Does anyone really care about any fighter ranked #15-11?

Back