If Cerrone beats Conor where does that put him in the rankings?

MMA__Analyst

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Conor only has two fights at LW and is 1-1. His one win is against someone who isn't even in the rankings anymore... Despite all of this he is still ranked #2, so if Cerrone beats Conor does he jump the whole division in rankings to the top 3-5???

Conor needs to be ranked much lower and I dont even think the fight makes sense. Of course I want to see it and will not complain watching it, however I feel like there are safer matchups. Not only are there safer matchups but also matchups that make more sense in terms of PPV.

Conor vs Aldo 2
Conor vs Diaz 2
Conor vs the winner of Holloway vs Ortega
Conor vs Ferguson

Not saying those are safe matchups but they make more sense in terms of money fights.

If Cerrone beats Conor, it doesn't leap frog him ahead of guys already in line but it puts him right back in the mix for a number 1 contender bout vs a guy like Poirer or Lee.

Lmfao. This right here is the noob era. Let them fight bud. Go.back you your wwe

So he can hold another division hostage?

But more than that, this guy would get a title fight out of nowhere in a division where he has refused to fight for 2+ years? Shameful.

So he can hold another division hostage?

Im just saying that conor vs the winner of max vs ortega is a much bigger money fight. Also that is assuming he wins and both are monster matchups for conor rn

Conor only has two fights at LW and is 1-1. His one win is against someone who isn't even in the rankings anymore... Despite all of this he is still ranked #2, so if Cerrone beats Conor does he jump the whole division in rankings to the top 3-5???

Conor needs to be ranked much lower and I dont even think the fight makes sense. Of course I want to see it and will not complain watching it, however I feel like there are safer matchups. Not only are there safer matchups but also matchups that make more sense in terms of PPV.

Conor vs Aldo 2
Conor vs Diaz 2
Conor vs the winner of Holloway vs Ortega
Conor vs Ferguson

Not saying those are safe matchups but they make more sense in terms of money fights.

nate-diaz-17.jpg
206_Conor_McGregor_vs_Nate_Diaz.0.0.jpg
gty_513971508_80269252.jpg
diaz_vs_mcgregor_ufc202-3.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

Back