Flyweights that could have success at BW?

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
First off, people are talking about the size, but Linaker is 5'3 and does work at BW. I'm looking at a guy like Deiveson Figueiredo, who is 5'5. I think he should be able to move up. Some of these guys will make the transition nicely and also have more power. Not to mention they will feel better physically without having to make the cut.

I think there are a few guys that will be happy after all us said and done.

Thoughts?

I wanted MM to be at 135 with 125 being removed, but sadly this won't be the case

Rooting for Borg just because the guy has had a year from hell.

Sam Langford started at featherweight and fought 50 times at heavyweight.
Anyone can succeed, they just gotta want it

I wanted MM to be at 135 with 125 being removed, but sadly this won't be the case

Well he was 14-2 at 135 before he ever fought at 125 so he'd have had success there but he's too small to beat the top guys.
All the top 125 lb fighters would do ok but they're at 125 and not 135 for a reason.

I really wanted to see Mighty Mouse at 135 in the UFC again. But the FLW/BW merger couldn't have happened without the ONE FC trade so whatever.

The idea of Joe B coming back to 135 is the most interesting one to me. He should be more motivated due to having a potential title back on his reticle. Definite top 15 for me.

Benavidez will be the most successful at BW. Let's be honest, he was unlucky to run into DJ, which stopped him being champ at FW. The big question is how does his relationship with TJ and Cody stack up? Cause I recall he was one of the ones who stayed out of the whole lot of shit and has doen some training with TJ but still at Alpha Male.

Surprised to see so many people say Benavidez; I think he is on the downswing of his career and won't sniff the top 10 at BW sadly.

Cejudo, Figueiredo, Benavidez and maybe Alex Perez are the ones i think could remain ranked.
Formiga is too small, i think he should leave UFC.

Cejudo, Figueiredo, Benavidez and maybe Alex Perez are the ones i think could remain ranked.
Formiga is too small, i think he should leave UFC.
I can see Pettis, Borg or Ortiz hanging around 10-15 as well with favorable matches.

Surprised to see so many people say Benavidez; I think he is on the downswing of his career and won't sniff the top 10 at BW sadly.
He recently beat the current Fly Weight champion. If they weren't killing it 125 he would likely be the next champion if title shots were based on merit.

First off, people are talking about the size, but Linaker is 5'3 and does work at BW. I'm looking at a guy like Deiveson Figueiredo, who is 5'5. I think he should be able to move up. Some of these guys will make the transition nicely and also have more power. Not to mention they will feel better physically without having to make the cut.

I think there are a few guys that will be happy after all us said and done.

Thoughts?

Near all of them. Some flyweight bouts featured 5'7" versus 5'6", the height of Aldo and Edgar, featherweights. They could compete at bantamweight. Some flyweights weigh 145 to 150 lbs.

Back